Flicker during playback
Skindred Wrote:I had no clue what it would do,
but since I was more than sure I didn't do my driver install all that well (tried manually but then decided to use the restricted drivers management thing),
I decided to give Envy a shot at installing the drivers, and what do you know?
With the latest build and the drivers installed via Envy, all works perfect!

babazoid, I'd say, give it a shot, it worked for me while I was having the same issues,
and seeing how this isn't even XBMC related, I think that 'noob' division for XBMC for Linux would be a good thing...

I'll give it a try. I have two heads connected using twinview, a HDTV and my LCD which sits on a desk on the other side of the room. The drivers appear to be working fine but I guess I can't rule anything out! It just took so long to figure out how to force the card to display the native resolution of my HDTV... but I guess I can just back up my xorg config file.

I'll see if it makes any difference... thanks.
Ok.. untg99 was right! Reinstalling the drivers using Envy cleared up all my problems, even though my X display seemed to be working fine otherwise!

PS. I didn't allow Envy to configure my xorg.conf, I just left the old one there and it is working 100%. So for anyone that has tweaked and added custom modelines, it should work if you use your existing Xorg (as long as you already had the nvidia drivers installed).
I also had many problems with video playback etc. Using Envy fixed them all!

Awesome.
Skindred,

Thanks for your help.
This hack is great.
My LXBMC runs perfectly after having reinstalled my NVIDIA Driver Nod

Apparently this solution is not included in your doc Eek

Thanks and keep up the good work ! Nod
olituks,

your welcome Wink
but the real credits go to Gamester17

and btw, it's stickied, but I don't think anybody reads those anymore,
as Gamester17 says here,
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=146863&postcount=4

it might be a good idea to have this built into XBMC.

Now y'all have fun Wink
And once again congratz on the work of the Linux division, in such a short time, you have gotten this beast up and running, for the most part, on Ubuntu 7.04

I hope you guys can one day get a lil' extra cash from the project, and not only to keep the site up, but to help you buy some extra's now and then, you've more than deserved them!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flicker during playback0