• 13(current)
Android KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV
If you experience stutter and buffering on a SONY TV it is very likely as someone else suggested that the LAN is the bottleneck. I thought that the SOC in this is very weak, but I copied the file that caused the issues to an external USB3 HDD and wow - it plays perfectly connected directly to the TV in ANY player - Archos too.
Unfortunately my AC router died recently and I can not test how it is with a wireless connection as my N router via WIFI is even worse than the LAN situation. If you have an AC router try to stream over wireless.
I tested over WIFI, but it is even worse than LAN. I do not understand this false advertising - router supports AC protocol which is slower than 100mbps.
The stream that I try to play reaches 118 mbps at times and it stutters over LAN.
Making a 4k TV with such limitation is a joke from SONY. It is really disappointing to see a "high-end" TV from a reputable manufacturer with such limitations and with such a weak SOC. The only good thing about this tv is the natural picture representation, unfortunately there is no better android alternative.
Sony 4K Android TV's are designed to stream relatively low bitrate 4K (HDR) from Apps like Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Video with DD+ audio. That is exactly their target market and what they are designed and tested for.

The Android TV OS that get's included with Sony TV should really be classified as a "teaser" OS for Kodi. Promises a lot but then fails to deliver for use as a hardcore Kodi media player.
And yes you are in hardcore demanding Kodi territory once you start trying to play 4K UHD Rips over any sort of WiFi or 100M only LAN.

To be honest the best media player on the market to play mixed 1080p SDR & 4K UHD HDR REMUX's is the Apple TV 4K using either the Infuse or MrMC (Kodi Jarvis) Apps. Just do not use one if you need Atmos or DTS:X audio.

(2016-12-20, 20:19)kinggo Wrote: well, your player name is SonyVideoPlayer and yet, in rules, defined player is dvdplayer.
try with this
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Vídeo" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.sony.dtv.osat.video</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!---
********** EDIT THIS SECTION **********
-->
<rule protocols="smb" player="Vídeo" />
<rule dvdimage="true" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE"/>
<rule protocols="rtmp" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE"/>
<rule protocols="rtsp" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE" />
<rule protocols="sop" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE" />
<rule internetstream="true" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE" />
<rule video="true" player="Vídeo"/> <!-- Default for anything else not listed -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
 Thanks for setting Smile
Can you please help me with the RULE. I need to use internal player only for 4K videos. I try lots of rules (filename, resolution...), but no luck.
(2018-02-23, 05:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Sony 4K Android TV's are designed to stream relatively low bitrate 4K (HDR) from Apps like Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Video with DD+ audio. That is exactly their target market and what they are designed and tested for.

The Android TV OS that get's included with Sony TV should really be classified as a "teaser" OS for Kodi. Promises a lot but then fails to deliver for use as a hardcore Kodi media player.
And yes you are in hardcore demanding Kodi territory once you start trying to play 4K UHD Rips over any sort of WiFi or 100M only LAN.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Sony TVs are equipped with ac Wi-Fi adapters. My TV (2017 model) has a stable connection at 270 Mbit/s:

It is more than enough to play any content. I am pretty sure I could get more by tinkering with Wi-Fi configuration, I just don't need more bandwidth.

TV connects at low speed? Get a decent Wi-Fi router.
And you think that you will get those 270mbit out of your connection? Hell no. Your net throughput will be far below 100mbps I assume.

I have a 866mbit connection to the Sony TV (4m from the access point in direct line of sight) and measured 250mbps (using iPerf3) while my iPhone X achieved 500-600mbps at the same distance, both with 802.11ac 2x2 MIMO. 250mbps sounds quite good which is only the raw throughput though. Most apps struggle to play anything beyond 100mbps, that was with Kodi and DLNA (which works best throughput-wise for me compared to NFS or SMB). I will try to optimize buffers to see whether I can get more out of it. Throughput drastically dropped to under 30mbps after putting the access point around a corner. And yes, it is a good one. Reach and throughput are just brilliant with an iPhone X.

So your phantasy numbers mean nothing unless you do some real world testing.
(2018-09-12, 08:20)CiNcH Wrote: And you think that you will get those 270mbit out of your connection? Hell no. Your net throughput will be far below 100mbps I assume.

I have a 866mbit connection to the Sony TV (4m from the access point in direct line of sight) and measured 250mbps (using iPerf3) while my iPhone X achieved 500-600mbps at the same distance, both with 802.11ac 2x2 MIMO. 250mbps sounds quite good which is only the raw throughput though. Most apps struggle to play anything beyond 100mbps, that was with Kodi and DLNA (which works best throughput-wise for me compared to NFS or SMB). I will try to optimize buffers to see whether I can get more out of it. Throughput drastically dropped to under 30mbps after putting the access point around a corner. And yes, it is a good one. Reach and throughput are just brilliant with an iPhone X.

So your phantasy numbers mean nothing unless you do some real world testing.

I am due to get Virgin Media installed and they promise a guaranteed 362mbps internet connection and their wireless router performance is supposedly very good, I can do a test after I try that on some other devices I have. If anything will show I have a 362mbps connection then it will be the Surface Laptop... that thing downloaded a file at just above 1200mbps over 802.11AC using my employers Meraki access point.

My Bravia is a 2018 mid-range model so could be an ideal test (KD49XE8396).
[font][font]Ребят, всем привет. [/font][font]Я не опытный пользователь, но все таки хотелось разобраться. [/font][/font]
[font][font]У меня есть телевизор sony 2018 года.[/font][/font]
[font][font]С удовольствием смотрю фильмы 4К через КОДИ, все отлично. [/font][/font]
[font][font]И это, как правило, разрешено с помощью xvid codecom. [/font][/font]

[font][font]И вот тут как раз начинается прикол, коди получается фильм, но идет рассихрон со звуком. [/font][font]Аппаратное ускорение. [/font][/font]
[font][font]Честно надоело. [/font][/font]
[font][font]Скажите возможно как-то настроить универсально.[/font][/font]
(2020-04-30, 18:31)Relax007 Wrote: Ребят, всем привет.

Again... This is an English-only forum.
Use a translate service if necessary.
Hey, guys. I'm an inexperienced user, but I still wanted to understand. I have a 2018 Sony TV. I enjoy watching 4K movies through KODI, everything is fine.

Start watching little movies with a resolution of the AVI file that uses the xvid codec. And here the joke begins, KODI shows the movie, but it goes out of sync with the sound. I turn off hardware acceleration and everything works fine.

Honestly tired. Say it is possible to somehow configure universally so that you can watch movies as 4K and avi movies but without changing the settings each time. Thanks
(2020-04-30, 18:56)Relax007 Wrote: Hey, guys. I'm an inexperienced user, but I still wanted to understand. I have a 2018 Sony TV. I enjoy watching 4K movies through KODI, everything is fine.

Start watching little movies with a resolution of the AVI file that uses the xvid codec. And here the joke begins, KODI shows the movie, but it goes out of sync with the sound. I turn off hardware acceleration and everything works fine.

Honestly tired. Say it is possible to somehow configure universally so that you can watch movies as 4K and avi movies but without changing the settings each time. Thanks
If you don't have many XVID AVI's, I'd re-encode them to something more modern which will play on more devices.  Handbrake in batch makes it easy.
I replaced all my xvid stuff and encoded to x264/x265 anything I could not find again, or if I didn't have the source.
XVID is (IMHO) dead and just doesn't work well on newer devices.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV0