• 9(current)
Android KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV
(2017-03-20, 14:58)Koying Wrote: 5850-1C22 is a unique identifier for your disk.
It ensures the same disk will always be mounted at the same location, thus solving once and for all the issue of having different paths across reboots.

"media" is the label of your disk. This is what is diplayed in windows and Kodi.

except that the actual path in Kodi is something like "5850-1C22/Tv shows/" and not "media"
on v16 it was just "media"
is that normal?
That doesn't matter. But the problem is that very often you'll end up with y5850-1C22, x5850-1C22, a5850-1C22, b5850-1C22 and so on. When taht happens and it happens every day more than once (depends how often you actually use your TV) KODI won't scan any new content. It wont even play the one that you see in the library because of that random letter path is different. Then reboot your TV and start KODI again.
the TV reboots itself at least 2 times each day after the Marshmallo update (another huge Sony bug..)
so I guess it doesn't solve my problem?
(2017-03-20, 15:29)pabba Wrote: except that the actual path in Kodi is something like "5850-1C22/Tv shows/" and not "media"
on v16 it was just "media"
is that normal?

The path displayed on window top? Yeah, that's an oversight, but is comsetic only...

(2017-03-20, 17:47)kinggo Wrote: But the problem is that very often you'll end up with y5850-1C22, x5850-1C22, a5850-1C22, b5850-1C22 and so on.

You end up with /sdcard/y5850-1C22 ?
(2017-03-20, 19:14)Koying Wrote: You end up with /sdcard/y5850-1C22 ?
yeah.... Sad Not 5850-1C22 because my ID is quite different but I do get that random letter every time after certain standby time.
(2017-03-20, 14:34)pabba Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 11:18)kinggo Wrote: Well, there's a bunch of USB related issues ATM but non of them is causing behaviour like that. On thing can but I doubt it if this happens every time. Anyway...
How do you add those files to disk? Is you folder actually set as "TV shows"? Can you check whats's your disk ID in some file manager? It should be always the same but what happens quite often is that USB goes dead and than alive again and your ID gets some random letter as first symbol and your path in kodi is suddenly wrong. If that is the case, reboot the TV to get your standard ID back.

yes it's set as TV shows.
the disk name is "media" but only when I plug it in my computer. when it's plugged in the TV, the Marshmallow update somehow changed its path and name. now I can see it on "/storage/5850-1C22"
I don't know why the name was changed to 5850-1C22, but I had to rebuild my library on Kodi with the new paths.
even after rebooting the disk name is 5850-1C22, just on the TV.
when I plug it again on the computer it's again "media" and then I add the tv shows manually.

Google in their wisdom changed the naming conventions for USB in android 6.x!

You may have been able to use path substitution rather than change all your paths in Kodi:-

http://kodi.wiki/view/path_substitution
(2017-03-20, 19:33)kinggo Wrote: yeah.... Sad Not 5850-1C22 because my ID is quite different but I do get that random letter every time after certain standby time.

Mmm... Totally seem like a Mediatek fuckup, again...
I'm ok with keeping the strange disk name.
however, I would like to solve my main issue of having new files not recognized by Kodi when I put them in the disk.
I'm not sure if the real solution has been posted, any help please? :-)
(2017-03-20, 21:48)Koying Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 19:33)kinggo Wrote: yeah.... Sad Not 5850-1C22 because my ID is quite different but I do get that random letter every time after certain standby time.

Mmm... Totally seem like a Mediatek fuckup, again...

yes, that MM update broke every thing related to USB. Apart from not being able to grant write permission, everything else works. Till certain point when it doesn't any more. Usually after some hours in stanby time.
(2017-03-20, 21:56)pabba Wrote: I'm ok with keeping the strange disk name.
however, I would like to solve my main issue of having new files not recognized by Kodi when I put them in the disk.
I'm not sure if the real solution has been posted, any help please? :-)
Did you check your naming? If you did set the content to that folder and your disk always have the same ID than that's the last thing.
what you mean the last thing?
is there no chance I will get Kodi to work as in v16?
is this because of Marshmallow or Kodi V17?
I found some useful informations here:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...l-drives-/

Quote:2.- You have to copy the files to your FTP servers folder created on the drive.
(i.e. /storage/your_drives_assigned_id/Android/data/ftp_server_folder)
3.- Other apps aren’t going to be able to write to that folder. This is because the only apps that has permission to write to its “name” folder is that app. However, other apps (Kodi for instance) will be able to read the files in that folder.

so should I move all of my movies and TV shows inside that folder so Kodi can have access?
did anyone try this? is it going to solve the problem?
No. Kodi can scan files anywhere. In your case it is either the naming is wrong or something related to path/content.
True, Kodi sometimes doesn't pick some things but that is very rare and mostly with non english TV shows. Anyway, I'm running krypton on bravia since early beta and it worked with lollipop based FW and works now with this crappy MM based one.
ok, so what can I try?
check all the things we mentioned here already Huh
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV0