Android KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV
(2017-03-20, 14:34)pabba Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 11:18)kinggo Wrote: Well, there's a bunch of USB related issues ATM but non of them is causing behaviour like that. On thing can but I doubt it if this happens every time. Anyway...
How do you add those files to disk? Is you folder actually set as "TV shows"? Can you check whats's your disk ID in some file manager? It should be always the same but what happens quite often is that USB goes dead and than alive again and your ID gets some random letter as first symbol and your path in kodi is suddenly wrong. If that is the case, reboot the TV to get your standard ID back.

yes it's set as TV shows.
the disk name is "media" but only when I plug it in my computer. when it's plugged in the TV, the Marshmallow update somehow changed its path and name. now I can see it on "/storage/5850-1C22"
I don't know why the name was changed to 5850-1C22, but I had to rebuild my library on Kodi with the new paths.
even after rebooting the disk name is 5850-1C22, just on the TV.
when I plug it again on the computer it's again "media" and then I add the tv shows manually.

Google in their wisdom changed the naming conventions for USB in android 6.x!

You may have been able to use path substitution rather than change all your paths in Kodi:-

http://kodi.wiki/view/path_substitution

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV - by Jeffers24 - 2017-03-20, 21:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV0