• 6(current)
OS X [Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback
+1 :

Disabling "Allow hardware acceleration - VTBDecoder" with Monitor Sync enabled works... but CPU is always under heavy load (64% to 78% on a Core i7 - 3Ghz)
MacMini (end 2014) - Core i7 3Ghz - 16Gb - Intel Iris 1536Mb
macOS 10.12.6
Kodi 17 + Testing Kodi 18b3

Hi,

I see on kodi.tv website that Krypton is going to reach the latest beta.
Does it mean it will be released with this issue not solved ?

It's really surprising as this is a very significant issue with major impact on usability.

Any clue about this ?

Thanks !
macOS 10.12.6

Yes it will if nobody looks into it. My real life is to busy currently to dedicate much time into the project.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-12-23, 14:17)Memphiz Wrote: Yes it will if nobody looks into it. My real life is to busy currently to dedicate much time into the project.

I was wondering and I understand the point.

It definitely can wait a service pack/patch later !

I wish you all the best for the new year ! Thanks a lot for all the work already done.

Regards,

O.
macOS 10.12.6

Yes, please do not release a disfunctional Mac Distribution as final release.
This will disappoint users and hurt your brand.
I don't care - a single platform never holds back a release - also note that this is not a general problem which hits all users - depends on the used hardware.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Did the release candidate address the issue or is it still not working?
(2016-12-25, 01:15)Memphiz Wrote: I don't care - a single platform never holds back a release - also note that this is not a general problem which hits all users - depends on the used hardware.

As the original poster, I can say the issue has been resolved for me. I thought the issue was continuing but actually tracked it do a different issue.

The HDMI card in my Onkyo Receiver was busted. Pulled it out and replaced all the capacitors, fixed a couple of lifting traces on the board and it's working perfectly now. Got my DD and DTS back working correctly now too.

So, if anyone is having issues, make sure to test different cables and components to be sure it is the software causing the problem.

Thanks for all your work Memphiz.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Unfortunately I cannot do more to solve the issue by myself so I'm just updating the thread to keep track of the issue with each major new version of Krypton.

The latest RC and the latest night builds are still broken. VTBdecoder still suffers the bug of intoducing unusable & choppy video. Disabling Hardware acceleration (VTB) may work but then kodi eats 80%+ of the CPU on a high end mac mini.
macOS 10.12.6

There will be a test build for you to try out. It should be available in an hour or so from now. It can be found here:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x86_64/

And will have "vtb_choppy_bp" in its name. Please try that out and report back.
@Memphiz, same problem with the test build on my 2011 Mac mini. With refresh rate adjust enable, it is choppy. Without it (or without VTB), it's fine.
(2017-01-01, 23:44)Memphiz Wrote: There will be a test build for you to try out. It should be available in an hour or so from now. It can be found here:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x86_64/

And will have "vtb_choppy_bp" in its name. Please try that out and report back.

Hi Memphiz,

Thanks a lot for the build !

I just done some tests with this settings, unfortunately the display on 24p BluRay MKV is still choppy :

- Adjust Display Refresh Rate : Always
- Sync Playback to Display : Off
- Render Method : Auto detect
- Enable HQ Scalers for scaling above : 0%
- Allow hardware Acceleration - VTB decoder : On

When the video starts, the screen correctly switch to 24p but the video is very choppy.

Disabling VTB allows normal display (with high CPU consumption)

Logs are here : http://pastebin.com/uBJxGKQQ

Olivier.
macOS 10.12.6

Please give this one another try (new test build):

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg
Argggh ! Really sorry to say that, but no visible change for me Confused

Do you need the log file ?

O
macOS 10.12.6

(2017-01-03, 19:54)Ribero Wrote: Argggh ! Really sorry to say that, but no visible change for me Confused

Do you need the log file ?

O

What mac mini with with what video chipst are you using ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback1