New options?
Raspberry Pi2 - OSMC
Kodi 16.1
Transparency! 9.1.2

Let me start with saying how much I enjoy Transparency! I've tired just about every skin and finally settled on Transparency! as it's the most customizable and easy to navigate and even more importantly wife friendly!

Ok, so on to my question. In the last few weeks I got an update on the pies taking them to version 9.1.2 as I had them set to auto update. The big change I've noticed was the change in the way live TV from the PVR is now displayed in full screen with the channel list over layed. It used to be a smaller window on the left with the channel list. I've messed with all the settings I could find but can't find a way to get the small screen back so I assume that change was intentional. Any chance I can get it back with with some .xml change or something? If not, any chance to get an option to select either version on the next update? I understand some might like the new view but personally I liked the smaller window which was entirely visable allowing one to view the channel and still surf the guide. Each his own I guess, but I'd like the option if it's not too much trouble.

The other thing I miss is the "I hate Transparency" setting. Not that I hate Transparency, I just like to make the overlays a bit darker to make them easier to read especially on lighter background shows. As above, is there a way to change that in the .xml or if not wold you consider putting the option back in the next version?

Thanks

Snag
Wow.

Over a hundred views and not one reply?
Ok, one last try...

Since "I hate Transparency" setting is obviously a thing of the past would it be possible by modifying one of the .xml files to adjust the transparency level of the context menus, especially the TV channels list? I'm by no stretch of the imagination a programmer but if someone can point me in the right direction I can handle editing text files.
it's not easy to bring it back (and i have no intention to do so).
you'd basically have to duplicate all the textures in the skin.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The only screen I would really like to modify is the Live TV view to make the channel description a little less transparent so I can actually read the description.

I've figured out how to unpack the textures. Can you give me a hint on which of the 511 texture files I need to modify?

not sure exactly which one it is, but it's one of the underlayX.png files
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New options?0