M3U Playlist Youtube Live Streams No Longer Work
None of the Youtube live stream links in the .m3u playlist we maintain for our Kodi + IPTV Simple Client users will play anymore. The Youtube live streams themselves play fine in a browser and the Youtube addon seems to work fine for playing general videos independently in Kodi.

Have the requirements for launching/calling the addon changed recently? We have tried the following unsuccessfully:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=-r-oxWIVuaI
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=-r-oxWIVuaI

We have tried looking through information in the wiki, the forum, examining other playlists and also Google to try and find a solution, but couldn't find a clear answer to this question.
No one has any idea about this?
Yeap, I have some information for you, the live content in youtube are working on kodi simple client, but I have two problems:
1)Links are dinamics with timestamp
2) Can´t get code for lower quality than max in the streaming ie, stream 1080p to 480 instead.

copy&paste a live link to vlc player and save the file as m3u, open it whit a text editor and copy the code, then paste to the m3u playlist you are using on kodi.

So I tried to open direct live links with url tester pro addon, in UrlResolver Play mode, and are working, but the buffer handle is awful!, so I think its a problem of code.
Someone with much knowledge than me, Im sure can fix the problem.
One of the Youtube links we wanted to play in Kodi is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r-oxWIVuaI

I pasted the above into VLC and saved it as a playlist and opened it in Notepad++ but realized it contained my IP Address. While this will work for me (as long as my IP doesn't change), it won't fix the problem for our users as they have different IP Addresses.

Is this problem a known bug which is being worked on? The above workaround won't help our users unfortunately and we really need a solution.

Any additional info or ideas would be much appreciated.
ok I found that using youtube-dl, we are able to get lowers quality, but links generated still have time issue and awful buffer handle. I try on kodi 17 alpha and the same problem happened,
Ok. If your work around didn't result in an IP Address being added into the playlist, we would consider doing it. I doubt there is a way around that though right? Our IP Address in a playlist file is not going to work for other users, so we can't do that.

Is there any way to get Youtube links in a playlist used in IPTV Simple to work? Why has this suddenly broken? It used to work. Is the issue going to be fixed by Kodi dev's?
Hello,

I was wondering if you've found a solution to this problem?

I've just created my first .m3u playlist for IPTV Simple Client and unfortunately some of the live streams on my playlist are on Youtube and they don't work.

I, like you, have tried various ways of inputting the Youtube URL to get it to work without any success. Does IPTV Simple Client pull the Youtube client automatically, or is there something that needs to be done from my end?

Does anyone know how to fix the issue, or is there a better way or .m3u PVR player that will work?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Unfortunately we haven't found a solution for this. Youtube links used to work in playlists and now they don't, and we have no idea why or if it will be fixed. It just stopped working.

Previously you would use a playlist entry like to following to call the Youtube plugin:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=[xxxxxxx]
A previously working example: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=-r-oxWIVuaI

If you find out any additional information on this in your investigations, please let us know as no one else seems to know. Are we the only one's using Youtube links in our IPTV Simple playlists?
(2016-07-28, 03:00)LS-TV Wrote: Unfortunately we haven't found a solution for this. Youtube links used to work in playlists and now they don't, and we have no idea why or if it will be fixed. It just stopped working.

Previously you would use a playlist entry like to following to call the Youtube plugin:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=[xxxxxxx]
A previously working example: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=-r-oxWIVuaI

If you find out any additional information on this in your investigations, please let us know as no one else seems to know. Are we the only one's using Youtube links in our IPTV Simple playlists?

I've been doing some research with no real progress... Could it be a simple bug that needs to be fixed in either the Youtube add-on or in Kodi?

I had a look at this page http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:YouTube which had an example listed as plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=$VIDEOID which I tried with no success.

I'll keep looking... Likewise, if you find something please share Smile

Cheers
I suspect it is a bug.

We tried the format discussed in the Wiki too:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=-r-oxWIVuaI

The previous Youtube plugin maintainer has retired and a new maintainer has taken over. I am not certain if the problems we are experiencing has something to do with that somehow, but i have listed the problem in there too now: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160&page=56

If i get any answers i will let you know.
According to forum member JinJin the ability to play Youtube videos from this addon is not supported:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=284929

It would seem that although this feature used to work, it may never work again as it is not a supported feature.

I tried to reach the Youtube plugin developer, but was unsuccessful. I am not able to PM senior members either as my reputation rating is still 0. If you wish to remedy this i would be happy to try and contact the developer directly. Otherwise i am not able to pursue it any further I'm afraid.
(2016-08-21, 14:26)LS-TV Wrote: According to forum member JinJin the ability to play Youtube videos from this addon is not supported:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=284929

It would seem that although this feature used to work, it may never work again as it is not a supported feature.

I tried to reach the Youtube plugin developer, but was unsuccessful. I am not able to PM senior members either as my reputation rating is still 0. If you wish to remedy this i would be happy to try and contact the developer directly. Otherwise i am not able to pursue it any further I'm afraid.

That's a shame indeed, as it's a great way to create a playlist with Youtube videos and Live streams.

Thanks for looking in to things, I also did some research and could not find anything to solve the issue.

It looks like we've hit a dead end for now, at least.

Cheers
Not sure if you read all the posts from the other link i posted but JinJin also said:
You can still play youtube videos in playlists with
Just open the playlist under Videos and not in IPTV Simple/PVR.

Hope this helps.
(2016-08-22, 14:29)LS-TV Wrote: Not sure if you read all the posts from the other link i posted but JinJin also said:
You can still play youtube videos in playlists with
Just open the playlist under Videos and not in IPTV Simple/PVR.

Hope this helps.

Hi, are there any simple guides as to how to do this? I can create my own playlist, but where do I host it/upload it/store it for it to play under Videos?

Cheers
I'm not sure about guides, but i can explain how:
- Go to Videos
- Then Files
- Add Videos
- Browse button
- Go into the folder with your .m3u playlist
- Click OK button
- Click the other OK button
You will now be taken to Videos, Files and you should now see the folder you just added. Go into the folder and double click your .m3u playlist.

If this has been helpful, please click on my reputation score and then Rate User to add a +1. Doing so will also hopefully allow me to contact the Youtube developer directly to pursue this matter further.

Your .m3u playlist can be created in Notepad (although i highly recommend Notepad++) and should look like the example below for live streaming videos. For use with fixed length video files, change #EXTINF:-1 to #EXTINF:-0

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1, GR * Word of God (www.wordofgod.gr)

#EXTINF:-1, AFRICA * TBN in Africa (www.tbninafrica.org)
http://player.webvideocore.net/CL1olYogI...x8rgg.m3u8

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M3U Playlist Youtube Live Streams No Longer Work1