Linux HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation
(2016-10-16, 14:38)sveni_lee Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 17:38)Hammurabi Wrote: Hi,I uptaded kodi and now when the systems logs in openbox , kodi doesn't start. In root user xcfe desktop its ok, I checked lightdm.conf and all are ok. What could be the problem?

Do you update to KODI v17?
I just found a solution. You have to change the kodi.openbox.session line 74 to /usr/bin/kodi

That solved the problem for me...

lufinkey has released v. 1.0.2 of his kodi-openbox scripts. This commit specifically solves the issue with kodi.bin in Kodi v.17.

(2016-10-17, 19:56)SofaKng Wrote: Do you need to use a window manager (ie. openbox) ?

I'm interested in using KMS-mode for lower latency in emulators.

I don’t know. I think I have read somewhere that you can run Kodi in KMS. However, I’m quite sure you would need a window manager to be able to switch between the Kodi window and an emulator window.

(2016-10-31, 08:02)jmahnke Wrote: Hi and thanks for this great tutorial, I just switched from openelec.
But I have one question, how can I switch the keyboard layout to germane "qwertz", if I type in KODI there is no german layout...?

Thank you very much in advance...

It could be two issues: one solution is that OS is not set to German “qwertz”. If that is the case, log in as USER and change the keyboard layout in settings.

Or, it could be that kodi is not set up for German. In that case, go to the International sub-menu in Settings. Under Language you can check more than one language, eg. English and German. Now you should be able to switch between then on the on-screen keyboard.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation - by solbero - 2016-11-03, 11:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation4