HOW-TO: Build XBMC for Win32 in VC++ Express Edition
Exclamation 
The project still has XBTimeZone.cpp in which has been deleted.

Also I'm having linker errors with __security_error_handler() from msvcrt71 dll and I have to comment this export out to build??
This has only crept in very recently (the last day or two).
I see you've just fixed this Charly Smile

That was very fast, thank you.

The only other query I have is that I get a first chance exception on powering down, could just be my environment. Any one else get that?

Mike.
Curious that I didn't got the error with XBTimeZone.cpp. However the _security thingy is my fault Wink
I also noticed an exception when the python class is freed but didn't look deeper yet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
There's a bunch of stuff not being cleared on shutdown. I have some fixes in my tree that need review before commit is all (plus a bunch of other stuff I have to do first Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Got it compiled with no errors btw. I do get a load of error messages on xbmc startup an navigating to plugins though but if I choose to ignore it does go on without issues. I'll just wait till the fixes are in, probably that will smoothen things up.
Hi. I reasently installed VC2008 Express to see if i could compile xbmc in that instead with VC2003 like i have allways done.

My problen is that i get GetSystemTimes() missing. I did some digging and it looks like i have to install Windows SDK ? 1,3 GB just for one function sounds a bit steep.
And its only used for the new "simple cpu usage measurement."

Is there a smaller download or can i just remove that support ?
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
Strange.. Now it compiled ?!?
Oh well everything is good Tongue
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
Nickman Wrote:My problen is that i get GetSystemTimes() missing
svn update, it was fixed ~1,5 hour ago Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
OK noob question time.

I've followed the Wiki exactly for VC++ 2008 Express but I don't know how to the last part.Confused

'Now you should be able to build the project.'

How?
From within VC, there's a Build menu. You can Build Solution, Clean Solution, and Rebuild Solution. (Rebuild is clean followed by a build.) But this only compiles the executable. And VC may default to release type Debug (SDL) which takes a longer time to compile, so you may want to change it to Release (SDL). You'll see that on the top menu.

To make the app, run project\W32BuildSetup\BuildSetup.bat

This will compile a Release executable and put all the other stuff together into a BUILD_WIN32 folder. It'll also create an "installer version" if you have the Nullsoft Installer. If you don't, you'll get an error at the end because it couldnt create the installer version. Just ignore it. You'll still have the BUILD_WIN32 folder which will have everything in it.
Can someone put the above info from kraqh3d on the win32 build wiki? I would, but now it's locked except for Ninjas.
kraqh3d Wrote:From within VC, there's a Build menu. You can Build Solution, Clean Solution, and Rebuild Solution. (Rebuild is clean followed by a build.) But this only compiles the executable. And VC may default to release type Debug (SDL) which takes a longer time to compile, so you may want to change it to Release (SDL). You'll see that on the top menu.

To make the app, run project\W32BuildSetup\BuildSetup.bat

This will compile a Release executable and put all the other stuff together into a BUILD_WIN32 folder. It'll also create an "installer version" if you have the Nullsoft Installer. If you don't, you'll get an error at the end because it couldnt create the installer version. Just ignore it. You'll still have the BUILD_WIN32 folder which will have everything in it.
Can you just run the BuildSetup.bat, or do you need to do a build within VC first?

I am running the .bat file now. It is taking quite a looong time. So I was wondering if I screwed up by not doing a build in VC first.
Okay it's done. I got a few copy errors. Is this normal? I know the errors at the bottom are the nullsoft installer errors, but I have one error under copying files at the top and two under the compiling of project mayhem III.
The errors are normal I assume they coming from deleting stuff which isn't there because you do a fresh compilation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO: Build XBMC for Win32 in VC++ Express Edition1