Win Kodi not finding folder
Kodi is not finding a couple of folders in the library. the folders are named the same as everything else which is working fine. If i rename the folder to "name"x kodi will find it but still does not scrape the files into the library. All naming is correct and identical to working files. Can't seem to get it to scrape these two tv shows for some reason.

Update: If I create a new source folder and add the exact same folder and files but with a different source it adds no problem
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry I havn't done this before. I think this is right. Correct me if I am wrong.

http://pastebin.com/tz8wVCE0
Welcome to the forum.

I've had this...

You could be having an issue with Kodi locking info from the original source via an initial scrape. If anything interrupted Kodi from the 1st scrape, it may have found the folder and cached it as something else.
To fix, simply remove/clean the source and re-add everything as a whole.
--
You could also try the texture cache utility. If you haven't use it before, or are unfamiliar with how it works, it may be a little tricky.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373 command ./texturecache.py vclean, then rescan. Might be a lot of work with the least impact though.
--
You could just rename the messed up folder and deal with it. Put like a dash or a period or something.
--
You could add the folder as a specific alternate source (not bulked with your main source).
--
You could add it as it's own source..then delete it...then try running your main source again to see if it pops (do a library clean under settings/video before adding and after deleting).
--

It's really just Kodi freaking out. Easiest still...delete your sources/clean/rescan.
Also, as far as Kodi finding it but not scraping the files....that ALSO could be the issue.

If using .nfo files, make sure they are names exactly as your video.....exactly. Correct spaces and all.
Make sure your .nfo file actually has content and wasn't created with blank or missing info. That's a big one.
(2016-07-23, 19:29)McButton Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

I've had this...

You could be having an issue with Kodi locking info from the original source via an initial scrape. If anything interrupted Kodi from the 1st scrape, it may have found the folder and cached it as something else.
To fix, simply remove/clean the source and re-add everything as a whole.
--
You could also try the texture cache utility. If you haven't use it before, or are unfamiliar with how it works, it may be a little tricky.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373 command ./texturecache.py vclean, then rescan. Might be a lot of work with the least impact though.
--
You could just rename the messed up folder and deal with it. Put like a dash or a period or something.
--
You could add the folder as a specific alternate source (not bulked with your main source).
--
You could add it as it's own source..then delete it...then try running your main source again to see if it pops (do a library clean under settings/video before adding and after deleting).
--

It's really just Kodi freaking out. Easiest still...delete your sources/clean/rescan.

I have done the last method you mentioned and it added the folder and files in question but missed others that were previously fine. One thing I had thought that might be an issue is that the source folder has 4tb of videos in it. Could it be an issue where the size of the source is causing it to miss things? (again kind of a noob might be a stupid question)

Will look at the texture cach utility and see if that works.
Shouldn't be an issue. Mine are over 2TB each. As long as everything is in the folders correctly.

I still vote doing a purge of sources and re-scan.

You may want to just have a few sources as well.

It's easier to find and fix mistakes if you have more than 1. Like, put Movies in a source and TV in another. It'll also make your scan times faster and more efficient if you only have to search 1 source for content rather than scraping your whole database.
Yeah I have movies, tv and anime sources. I use filebot and thats the folders it puts them in so I did it that way. Might just completly unistall and try a fresh install
Ok so I did a clean install and it is still missing stuff. Totally stuck. cant understand why it was scanning before but it just broke all of a sudden.
After a bit more looking at the files they all appear to be .MKV files
If I manually refresh the TV show information for the program and tell it to ignore local information it works. Any ideas how to fix it so that I dont need to manually do this?
That means something is probably wrong with your stored nfo files
Yep filebot was making nfo files that Kodi did not like for some reason. I solved this by changing the tag in my filebot script from def== artwork=y to def== artwork=n.

Sorry for wasting time on an non kodi issue
Dude. 75% of this forum is non-kodi issues. How else will you know if you don't throw it out there?
Also, I'd put the "This is a Kodi type issue" sticker on this thread.
--------------
I actually just had this issue myself yesterday. I reloaded a source and 3 folders wouldn't populate. I have 2 boxes running copies of the exact same files. One box worked, and the other didn't. I copied the .nfo files from the working box, and they worked. Something was either invalid IN the .nfo or the .nfo itself was corrupt enough for Kodi not to read it.

I also use Filebot. Updated the version just in case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not finding folder0