Win MCE/RC6 remote in Windows 10
(2017-04-23, 23:58)HunterZ Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 23:26)blossom24 Wrote: I use an RC6 remote control.

I use the installers here... http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/index.html

Works fine for me.
I tried all that and it didn't work for me, so I don't believe you unless you post a video of you poking the special buttons on your remote and showing them work in latest Kodi on latest Windows 10.

I just switched to using a wireless XBox360 controller and it's a much better experience, sadly.

I use the same installer, had to reinstall it following the creators update. Yes it does work. No i'm not posting a video
I'm having this exact same problem. I'm running Kodi 17.3 on Windows 10 x64 creators update using a RC6 remote and some of the buttons on the remote just don't do anything according to the showkey.exe problem (the exact same buttons you mention). I tried installing some of the programs from http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/index.html but that website is a confusing mess of a ton of different options with no clear instructions (which I'm sure represents a ton of hard work so no offense, it's just not easy for someone starting at the beginning to understand). I tried making some of the registry changes with the scripts or manually, verified the registry had indeed changed, but many of the buttons on the remote still do nothing.

Anyone have any ideas or more information about how to fix this problem?
I've given up on it ever being fixed now. I subscribed to a few threads about it, and none of them have thrown up a fix so far.
Still using a wireless XBox 360 controller here. RC6 MCE remote is laying around somewhere until I get the old TV reassembled upstairs with the Linux nettop, as the remote works great with Kodi in Linux.
(2017-07-13, 21:42)Boreale Wrote: I'm having this exact same problem.  I'm running Kodi 17.3 on Windows 10 x64 creators update using a RC6 remote and some of the buttons on the remote just don't do anything according to the showkey.exe problem (the exact same buttons you mention).  I tried installing some of the programs from http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/index.html but that website is a confusing mess of a ton of different options with no clear instructions (which I'm sure represents a ton of hard work so no offense, it's just not easy for someone starting at the beginning to understand).  I tried making some of the registry changes with the scripts or manually, verified the registry had indeed changed, but many of the buttons on the remote still do nothing.  

Anyone have any ideas or more information about how to fix this problem?

Hi,
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'd put off installing the creators update, but it installed automatically a week ago and my MCE remote stopped working. Ive installed the showkey so can see that Info and the coloured buttons not longer send anything to the PC.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE/RC6 remote in Windows 100