KODI Krypton - cant add shares/ folders to main screen
Well the new Krypton GUI is pants isnt it, you cant do anything with it, this aint Apple chaps.

Why cant I add my folder and windows shares to main screen of KODI skins anymore, its lets me add them but they do nothing, they are only accessible through the "videos" folder.

Please tell me this will be fixed soon, its idiotic.
Funny, because all my shortcuts work in krypton.
Maybe it's you?
Are you running the default skin? If so you need to change to one that supports custom items.
they work but you have to make several clicks to get to them, I want them on the main page, not in "videos", i've tried all the available skins, they all let me create a shortcut on the main screen but when I click on them nothing happens.
I have the same problem in several skins that have custom home menu items, e.g. Arctic Zephyr.

I use it to link to smart playlists and an add-on. This works fine in Jarvis but not in Krypton. Since this is somewhat necessary for my daily use I have rolled back to 16 for now.
Code:
22:39:01 T:5256   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
22:39:02 T:5256   DEBUG: CInputManager::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
22:39:02 T:5256   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary
22:39:02 T:5256   ERROR: Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: VideoLibrary

It looks like the window "VideoLibrary" is referenced but can't be found. I tested this with Arctic Zephyr from the the Kryptonite repository and with Eminence 2.0 that I still had installed.
Try installing the newest version of script.skinshortcuts from GitHub. That worked for me for Arctic Zephyr.
Remember v17 has many changes and an install over an existing working 16.1 build can take a fair bit of fixing.

The entire system menu is re-arrranged so if you have a skin not compatible its a bad start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI Krypton - cant add shares/ folders to main screen0