Linux How do I go about changing the features of Kodi?
Well then i invite you to spend some years in a project like kodi and be forced to digest the fact that it is morphed to something that you never wanted it to be. Forced you to read alot of lawyer texts. Forced you to accept some sort of war with a scence you don't even accept as a workplace for serious people (youtube). Force you to see how chinese developers are trying to make it even worse and asking YOU to help them for doing so.

Nothing more to say. I think Not everybody of us is a real fan of rebranding. We are forced to be a "fan" of it because it might prevent that this project needs even more lawyers to save whats left from the image.

In former times when we were asked about how to code something for kodi - it resulted in cool new code andoften in a new team member. Today you are asked for stuff like this here and see not a single benefit from it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz, I'd be interested to know what you think are the present problems in kodi, ie in what ways has it "morphed to something that you never wanted it to be".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The fact that we need to deal with trademark shit, marketing, dozens of companies who make profit by selling kodi on bad hardware. The latter is resulting in a whole new crowd here in the forum which seeks support. Those are no kodi lovers, those are customers that bought a device which doesn't work ok.
First this project was about having fun in coding(!!!). Support load increased badly with this. I code less and less and it has to do with this (maybe the size of the userbase due to this too. I can't care about millions of users with really strange attitude sometimes).
But this is offtopic and maybe my personal problem too.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No I agree with you (not that I spend time coding, wish I could).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just an observation but people are going to use kodi in the ways it was never intended to be used regardless and if you guys actually had a step by step to rebranding for anyone that wanted to do it then there would be a lot less trademark issues and also a lot less box sellers using the actual kodi app.

This would in my opinion reduce the amount the kodi name is used in terms of piracy and that very annoying phrase 'kodi boxes'.

I have never sold a box in my life and have absolutely no interest in selling one in the future but am also keen to try a krypton rebrand. It equally bugs me that kodi's name is flung about in this way as I think what you guys do is great. I love messing about with code and trying to learn new things.

The box sellers will continue to sell boxes until they are in jail. If it wasn't official Kodi that was installed on them, I just think it would be so much better for the brand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I go about changing the features of Kodi?0