OS X Kodi 16.1 on Mac Mini with MythTV 0.28 backend - some help needed
Dear,

I am using MythTV since 0.19 on a combined front- and backend. A couple of weeks I had to reinstall my system and was very disappointed by the quality of Mythbuntu 16.04.

Therefore I decided to go with a new setup and add Kodi with a dedicated frontend:

Frontend: A Mac Mini 2014 running Mac OS X 10.11 with Kodi 16.1
Backend: My existing Linux x86 box, running Mythbuntu 16.04 as Backend/MySQL/TV tuner with a TBS 6984 quattro DVB-S card
Amplifier: Denon and Teufel 5.1 setup
Storage: NAS-setup in RAID6 mode storing mkv files from Mythbuntu

I got everything up and running, Kodi talks to MythTV on the backend, I am able to see TV recordings, archived movies and guides. The video quality is much better than Mythbuntu with VDPAU and Temporal (2x) filters.

However I am struggling with some minor stuff and pieces and would love to ask for some help:
  • Wake-On-LAN: I configured the IP4 MAC address in the PVR MythTV plugin and enabled Wake servers. However Kodi does not wake the MythTV backend at all? Is there a way to test WOL from a Terminal on Mac OS X?
  • Wake-on-LAN after Standby: When I put Kodi to Standby how does Kodi wakes up the MythTV backend again?
  • No background movie while in menu: The movie (audio or audio with video) is continued when I am going back to the menu. Nice feature, but my wife hates it. How can I disable this?
  • LiveTV: works fine, but has a blank black screen 1 sec after start for one second. After that everything runs smoothly?

As I am new to Kodi I am slightly lost and the FAQs which I found did not solved my issues.

Thank you for any hints and suggestions,

Ciao, -MN

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.1 on Mac Mini with MythTV 0.28 backend - some help needed0