• 50(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hi, thanks for all the hard work!

Sent you a pm.
Hi, very new to Kodi, but am learning quickly.

Basically I don't like the current music player within Kodi, so ideally what I'd like is to have an external music program launched when I click on the 'music' menu.

However as I haven't been able to figure that out yet, I stumbled upon this program.

I can't figure out how to add a launcher to a standalone external program (foobar2000) and then add this on the skin menu and remove 'music' icon and rename the new external app to 'music'.

Any ideas or advice please, quite confused at the moment.

Edit:

I've tried making Foobar2000 a LNK by copying from start menu, then linking new laucher, but it says Foobar2000 (No Roms) and won't open / load?

Edit:

Figured it out! Had to do it as a Standalone launcher Smile

Thanks.
(2017-02-24, 20:26)jdotp Wrote: Hi, very new to Kodi, but am learning quickly.

Basically I don't like the current music player within Kodi, so ideally what I'd like is to have an external music program launched when I click on the 'music' menu.

However as I haven't been able to figure that out yet, I stumbled upon this program.

I can't figure out how to add a launcher to a standalone external program (foobar2000) and then add this on the skin menu and remove 'music' icon and rename the new external app to 'music'.

Any ideas or advice please, quite confused at the moment.

Edit:

I've tried making Foobar2000 a LNK by copying from start menu, then linking new laucher, but it says Foobar2000 (No Roms) and won't open / load?

Edit:

Figured it out! Had to do it as a Standalone launcher Smile

Thanks.

That's indeed a totally unorthodox way of using AEL but perfectly possible. Big Grin

First you have to make sure FooBar can start playing MP3 files from the command line. Open a MS-DOS console window, go to the FooBar player directory, and type something like: foobar.exe c:\directory\my_music.mp3. You will have to google a bit to know the FooBar command line parameters. Once you know that, then you create a ROM launcher. As the app select FooBar executable. As the ROM path you choose the directory were you have your music. As the ROM extension you choose something like "mp3|wav|ogg". Then, open the launcher context menu, Add ROMs >> Scan for new ROMs. That should fill your launcher with your MP3s and WAVs.

Having said that... I don't think it is very useful to use AEL to launch a music player. AEL only has scrapers for ROMs, not for music files. Also, AEL won't read the metadata tags of your MP3s. If you don't like Kodi's music player, why you don't use another player like Clementine or Amarok?
Ahh no its fine Wintermute,

I actually managed to get it to work exactly as intended. Foobar is basically my music player and I have it configured exactly how I want it so that it can search my music library, play play lists e.t.c

However I do have one new question.

I'm now adding games to Kodi, I started with Metal Gear Solid added under my new folder 'Games', I added the .exe as laucher. Everything runs perfectly.

However, I'm trying to figure out how to add a sub menu to my new 'Games' tab on the menu screen where it lists all my games. Also I have scanned Gamedb for MGS metadata which it found, but it hasn't added any fan / thumbnail art? Do I have to do this manually?

I think basically i'd like to make a 'game library' like the movies library and music library sub-menus.
Cheers.
Thanks for your answer @wintermute

In the meantime, I l learn how retroarch works.

BTW, there are some categories on ael homescreen that are in english (favorites, recently played) that cannot be re added or edited, you can only add normal folders.

Not sure if you will let do that later. In case you wont, I think will be nice to have this categories in multilanguage.

I can collaborate with spanish translation if you need it sometime later, just let me know.
Anyone knowing a workaround for the back button in Kodi 17.
It affects navigation in AEL (back always bring you at the addon root), and more generally all addons.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17075
In my case back brings me to kodi homescreen. Which is correct behavior. And B to go back to the previous folder.

Controller needs a direct way to kodi homescreen and back button is for that.

Not sure if im understanding.

If you want back to act as b button, just copy b button on back button, on joystick.xml.

But if you are browsing subfolders, you will have to press back or b several times to get to kodi homescreen if you change that.
Indeed Back (Joystick B) button can be linked to different actions with keymap
Le's say you have a link on Home page to AEL launchers page with activatewindows + , return

Button B is linked to Parentdir. Button A is linked to Select

Normal (Kodi 16) behaviour is
Home>A>Launchers>A>Roms>B>Launchers>B> Home

Kodi 17 current behaviour is
Home>A>Launchers>A>Roms>B>Launchers>B> AEL Addon Root>B>Home

If B is linked to Previouswindow in keymap
Kodi 17 current behaviour is
Home>A>Launchers>A>Roms>B>Home

Cannot figure out how to get the normal behaviour since I would like to have the Parentdir when at the rom/subfolder level and the Previousmenu behaviour when at the launcher level (skip addon root)
And you can only map one behaviour for all addons section in keymap.
Not sure if you are talking about BACK or B. BACK is correct.

Did you tried to look for joystick keymap in kodi folders? On krypton is called joystick.xml. If you find something similar in jarvis, you can replace all the content.
Hi all,

Hope you can help me out.

Everytime i want to add a rom i get this error:

ERROR: AEL ERROR: fs_write_ROMs_JSON() (IOError) Cannot write file "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\db_ROMs\roms_SEGA_Mega_Drive_|_Genesis_124519.xml"

I am on Windows 10 and Krypton 17.

plz help me

THX
(2017-02-25, 13:41)lanicor Wrote: ERROR: AEL ERROR: fs_write_ROMs_JSON() (IOError) Cannot write file "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\db_ROMs\roms_SEGA_Mega_Drive_|_Genesis_124519.xml"

Filenames on windows can't have a vertical bar, but I don't know anything about Advanced Emulator Launcher so I have no knowledge why it uses this file name.
Thx Rechi

Thats it.

Danke für die Hilfe ;-)
Just an update on some issues I had.
If you remember when I launched a game from AEL it would run at a bad speed in the emulator. I tried different things to fix this and settled on the solution of using a 3rd party app to minimize kodi before the emulator started.

Since updating to Krypton and the latest version of AEL I do not get the reduced speed.
I am using Kodi in full screen mode and not changing to windowed mode before the emulator starts. Emulators are also running in full screen mode and at full speed.
Hey everyone first all I want to say great job to everyone involved with this addon and all the work that goes behind it is amazing and I can't wait until Rufoo finishes his skin for krypton. I do have an issue that maybe someone can shed some light on though. On my nvidia shield I have everything setup perfectly except for one thing, when launching from Retroarch my controller will not function. Any other emulator runs just fine. If I use retroarch independently I have no issues with the controller registering, only when launching from AEL? Has anyone else on the shield or any other android box experienced this issue?
Can I ask one more question to the developer.

Basically loving the program, finally configured Kodi to my liking.

Only one issue I have is when playing music and then opening an external app. I have set AEL to continue playing audio when apps are launched via the in-app settings, however even when I play a music play list i.e with automatically playing the next song, the music stops after the initial song has finished playing.

Do you know why this happens and if there is a work-around / fix.

I think it boils down to Kodi hanging / going into 'busy' mode once an external app is launched.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12