• 89(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hi @Wintermute0110 

Advanced Emulator Launcher has support to widgets? 
Skin like MQ7 has a lot of options to widgets. At the moment I could insert widget using the dynamic path's that you pointed me theses days.

But there some other code to use?
Hi -

How do i get an icon in my favorites for my launcher?

In the launcher i have this:

https://ibb.co/eOQtb6

But in favorites i have this: 

https://ibb.co/fh5FpR

Many thanks in advance
Hello @dugan26

Thank you very much for your donation Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-03, 05:54)Karellen Wrote: Hello dugan26,

Yes, there is a donation button top right of the screen, under the Search button

Thank you. Smile

Man, that's not very nice. The way I see it, dugan26 was saying cheers to Wintermute0110 for his work on AEL and was "buying him a beer" to that effect. The Kodi Team absolutely deserves every dollar that comes their way via donation, no question but swooping in to guide somebody to the Kodi Team donation when contextually that is not what is being referred to is not nice on a community level. Perhaps it is just a misunderstanding. I've known Wintermute0110 since the idea for AEL was a small notion in the Advanced Launcher thread and I know how hard the guy has worked on AEL / AML / and ADL, never once has he asked for donations, it's saddening to see that when someone does say they'd like to express their gratitude, that gratitude is commandeered.
Hi Rufoo -

Thanks for clarifying - 

I actually did want to donate to AEL - but i realized that i donated to Kodi and im fine with the donation to Kodi. I have donated before to Kodi and completely want to keep supporting any way i can.

However ...

My intentions were to donate directly to the AEL initiative.
Can I donate directly to the AEL initiative?

And how? 

Dugan26

On another note - Rufoo? are you a skinner? Wintermute0110 mentioned your skin works well with AEL. I would love to try it. Which skin is it? I would like to try it.

Sorry for any trouble i've caused here...
(2018-02-05, 04:28)dugan26 Wrote: Hi Rufoo -

Thanks for clarifying - 

I actually did want to donate to AEL - but i realized that i donated to Kodi and im fine with the donation to Kodi. I have donated before to Kodi and completely want to keep supporting any way i can.

However ...

My intentions were to donate directly to the AEL initiative.
Can I donate directly to the AEL initiative?

And how? 

Dugan26

On another note - Rufoo? are you a skinner? Wintermute0110 mentioned your skin works well with AEL. I would love to try it. Which skin is it? I would like to try it.

All good, mate. And just so we're clear I'm not slagging off Karellen nor do I think it was maliciously intended and the Kodi Team deserve donations, just thought it was a nice gesture on your part and kinda sad the intended recipient didn't receive that gesture. To my knowledge, Wintermute0110 doesn't have an AEL fund anyway, the guy is staunch believer in open source. We'll halt the conversation about that now.

As for skinning, yes, I build skins. The skin you want is called Citris - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325378

This is currently in alpha as it is essentially an overhaul of Cirrus Extended. Its primary purpose is for gamers and is all about AEL / AML. Big Grin
@dugan26 My apologies. It wasn't clear from your one sentence what your intention was. Had I known you meant to donate to AEL, I would have guided you appropriately.

@Wintermute0110, my apologies.

@Rufoo Please stop reading into what you think my intentions were.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-05, 05:24)Karellen Wrote: @Rufoo Stop reading into what you think my intentions were!
 Fair enough. No bad blood intended, mate. Smile
(2018-02-05, 00:06)Rufoo Wrote: worked on AEL / AML / and ADL

Hey Rufoo

Please clatify to me this: 
AEL: Advanced Emulator Launcher
AML: Advanced MAME Launcher
ADL: Huh

Thanks!
Hi I just installed Advanced Emulator Launcher since my old AL stopped working with Krypton but i'm having a problem scraping. Can someone please help? This is the error i'm getting. 

16:30:18.489 T:768   ERROR: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code
16:30:18.492 T:768   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: u'studio'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Gaming-PC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 39, in <module>
                                                main.Main().run_plugin()
                                              File "C:\Users\Gaming-PC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 270, in run_plugin
                                                self.run_protected(command, args)
                                              File "C:\Users\Gaming-PC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 358, in run_protected
                                                self._command_edit_launcher(args['catID'][0], args['launID'][0])
                                              File "C:\Users\Gaming-PC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 1265, in _command_edit_launcher
                                                if not self._gui_scrap_launcher_metadata(launcherID, scraper_obj): return
                                              File "C:\Users\Gaming-PC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 9371, in _gui_scrap_launcher_metadata
                                                self.launchers[launcherID]['m_studio'] = gamedata['studio']
                                            KeyError: u'studio'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2018-02-05, 19:40)sagrath Wrote:
(2018-02-05, 00:06)Rufoo Wrote: worked on AEL / AML / and ADL

Hey Rufoo

Please clatify to me this: 
AEL: Advanced Emulator Launcher
AML: Advanced MAME Launcher
ADL: Huh

Thanks!

ADL = Advanced DOOM Launcher Smile
(2018-02-03, 12:19)ippytick Wrote: Hi, I hope someone here can help me because I have absolutely no idea at the moment and my searching of the net has not helped me.

I have recently installed advanced emulator launcher on my kodi setup and added the NES gaming system to it so far. That was a relatively easy thing to do, however, I am now trying to setup my Amiga emulator and games on AEL, but, nothing is working. I am completely lost, so I was just wondering if anyone here knows of a good guide I can follow? or maybe you just know how to do it? either way my fingers are crossed in hoping that I can get this sorted. The Amiga emulator I am using is FS-UAE.

I used to have my emulators setup on media browser 2. MB2 let you use the config files to run the game, I am hoping that AEL can do similar.

In AEL you can use per-ROM "Alternative application" and "Alternative arguments". To access these settings, browse to your ROM, open the context menu, then "Edit ROM", "Advanced Modification". I guess what you need in your Amiga case is to change the Alternative arguments. Currently AEL does not support customisation of the Alternative arguments using NFO files. However, if you clearly explain what you need then I can think of a convenient solution. For example, I can add two new fields to the current ROM NFO files, <alt_app> and <alt_args> OR I can create a new NFO ROM NFO file (so the current NFO file will be for metadata only and the new NFO file for alternative application and alternative arguments only.
(2018-02-03, 18:14)sagrath Wrote: Hi @Wintermute0110 

Advanced Emulator Launcher has support to widgets? 
Skin like MQ7 has a lot of options to widgets. At the moment I could insert widget using the dynamic path's that you pointed me theses days.

But there some other code to use?

It does. Any skin that uses Skin Shortcuts should be able to use AEL on its widgets. AEON Nox, Titan, Mimic, etc. support Skin Shortcuts.
(2018-02-03, 20:45)dugan26 Wrote: Hi -

How do i get an icon in my favorites for my launcher?

In the launcher i have this:

https://ibb.co/eOQtb6

But in favorites i have this: 

https://ibb.co/fh5FpR

Many thanks in advance

I think in your case COMICS is a category, not a launcher. When Kodi stores a Favourite it only stores the URL to call the resource, but not any of the artwork. That is the reason you don't see the COMICS Icon in Kodi Favourites. This is a Kodi bug (rather than a bug is a design flaw or incomplete feature if you wish) and not an AEL bug. To avoid this and other problems is why AEL has its own Favourites section, but it is available only for ROMs and not for Categories or Launchers.
(2018-02-05, 04:28)dugan26 Wrote: I actually did want to donate to AEL - but i realized that i donated to Kodi and im fine with the donation to Kodi. I have donated before to Kodi and completely want to keep supporting any way i can.

However ...

My intentions were to donate directly to the AEL initiative. Can I donate directly to the AEL initiative? And how? 

@Karellen Apology accepted.

@dugan26 No need to apologise in any way. Currently, I do not accept any donations for my work on AEL and I would redirect your donation initiative to either Kodi or the Internet Archive. I'm a true believer that free software must be both free and gratis.

Having said that, AEL/AML/ADL have caused me some extra expenses in terms of hardware, like a USB Bluetooth dongle and three gamepads (Xbox 360 wireless, Playstation DualShock clone gamepad, and a Wii U Pro gamepad) to test emulator configurations, on top of my Logitech F710 which I regularly use. In the future, maybe I will set up some way to get donations that will be strictly spent in hardware towards AEL/AML/ADL development and feature improvement.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12