Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-09-01, 18:52)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Maybe you need to organise your ROM collection with a ROM manager so all your ROMs will have a consistent name and will match artwork collections you download. ROM managers you can use to rename your ROMs are RomCenter, RomVault and CLRMAMEPro. Google a bit to learn how to use them.

If that works better than the fuzzy rename software to make them match (witch did work well) I'll give them a try. Hint taken about Google, however, I can only google help on something once I know it exists. That's what I am relying on the experts (like yourself) for, just to point e in the right direction. So thank you again.

(2016-09-01, 18:52)Wintermute0110 Wrote: If you ROMs have the correct No-Intro name then AEL offline scraper will correctly match them and put your metadata in place. Artwork scrapers are currently not great but offline metadata scraper works pretty well. Keep in mind that you need both correct ROM name and correct Launcher platform or the offline scraper won't work at all.

I'm still a bit confused here. (Just a bit). We're talking about offline metadata scrapers which, as I understand it, means the scraper will look somewhere for metadata that matches ABC123X.nes on my local machine, correct? I think I'm learning that the metadata is actually in the rom file itself? I've found where to get this data and some tools for adding it into my rom files but what I don't see in the .dat files from no-intro is a game description like I saw with RCB after an online scrape. Did that com efrom online or is that available offline?

I'll do some more reading as time permits but I think I'm on the right track here so only jump in and stop me if I'm headed down a path of wasting my time. I'll start with an organizer (were those in any particular order? preference, ease of use?) and see what I get for results. I'll then move on to looking at metadata (and going back to read about AL to see which skins supported all metadata. Actually, I should start there, it may be there already!).

Thanks for your support here. I didn't set out to get this far off the topic of this thread but one thing lead to another and here we are. Aside from any feedback anyone wants to give here I'll find or start a more appropriate thread going forward unless it is AEL specific.

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Slapster - 2016-09-01, 22:32
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12