Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-09-10, 00:01)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-09-09, 23:03)braz Wrote: Is anyone having trouble with standalone launchers? Mine are just opening up a Windows Explorer window to Kodi's path, and not launching the game.

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

I thought maybe it was because I imported my launchers from Advanced Launcher, but it does this same this with ones created directly in AEL.

Thanks!

Braz, maybe the launchers.xml cleaner I did is screwing up. Send me your launchers.xml and I will have a look. Also, if you are considering making a view for AEL in Mimic or Arctic and need help I'm here to serve Wink

Edit: Braz, quick question. Does your filesystem have files with non-ASCII characters? Maybe issue can be related with Unicode support.

Regarding .lnk launchers: In theory they should work but maybe I broke some compatibility with AL in the launching code. Anyway, AL launcher code was based on a Python 2.4 and now Kodi ships with Python 2.7. This means I should replace it shortly and there could be problems until I get it right.

One question: when you use lnk launchers, are standalone launchers or ROM launchers? Also, if standalone, the lnk points to an EXE right?
Thanks for the quick response! I'm using standalone launchers with links that point to Window game .exe files.

I just went looking for my launcher.xml in AEL's addon_data folder, but didn't find it. Instead, it looks like all of my launchers are in categories.xml. Is it supposed to be like this?

Doesn't look to be a unicode issue, I've likely just messed something up. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by braz - 2016-09-10, 00:16
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12