• 10(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Android side isn't really an option due to controller and hdd detection issues.
I also lose my Amiga setup.

I'm not running emulation on 1920x1200. I'm running it at a higher resolution through my TV. As I said though it works fine for the emulators I use. I'll try your suggestion for keeping it maximised at full screen and see if it works better than the double minimising option I'm using now.

Wintermute
hold us informed !

Perhaps, you should test Gens32 (a good SEGA emulator)
(2016-09-16, 10:21)Wintermute0110 Wrote: I'm afraid the support for nplayers in LibretroDB is very poor, you can have a look here. I will not add a nplayers metadata field until I find a reliable source of information for the offline scraper (apart from GameDBInfo), sorry Blush

Advanced MAME Launcher will support nplayers natively Big Grin

I know for AML, but I'm not playing arcade (or not a lot) Big Grin

I confess that I do not understand necessarily how the scrapper will seek information... but, from GameDB, I'm pretty sure you can scrap nplayers. Then it possible to add a field in AEL, export to nfo for the offline scrap ?

May be that I do not understand the scrapper functioning Tongue
Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome application. I was having problems with the original Advanced Launcher, and switching to yours solved all my problems. Keep up the good work!
Haven't done much with AEL as had other things on but quickly tried windowed full screen mode. Did not get rid of slow down, still had to minimise twice.

The videos playing is the same as that link. Haven't created the log yet. I'm just moving the mouse out the way when the game starts.
Hey all,

Was playing around last night and managed to get full speed without having to do the minimise maximise thing.
I messed about with my video card settings. I changed the settings for the display adapters screen modes on both screens and changed the resolution of Kodi from P to I.
I then switched kodi to full screen mode (not windowed) and turned off auto windowed on launch. The result was full speed in fusion. Retroarch slowed to a crawl though but I was still using the minimise trick so that may have something to do with it.
I then tried to see if I could get more speed out of Retroarch which I did by switiching to D3D video driver however it still slows down in picodrive. Not as much as it did previously but still to a level where the sound gets distorted.

I have a question about the asset folders. Is AEL supposed to create the folders when you add a new emulator launcher? It doesn't seem to for me. It asks where I want them to go but then I have to create them myself. When I am selecting them manually the directory viewer doesn't start in the folder I selected, it shows all drives instead.
hello: i try your extension but it's very hard to configure

i have shield tv with android, it's workHuh because i have success with add cover for my rom in /system/usbstorage/sda1/
but first problem, it refuse to create asset artwork in my extern hard disk (other extension can) so i put all in my repertory /download....

other problem and the biggest, emulator doesn't work at all, i use old argument of advanced launcher for d.emu, epsxe, snes9,drastic...nothing work but emulator work fine when i click on ....

please you can help me, i have download last version from github...
(2016-09-10, 00:16)braz Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 00:01)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-09-09, 23:03)braz Wrote: Is anyone having trouble with standalone launchers? Mine are just opening up a Windows Explorer window to Kodi's path, and not launching the game.

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

I thought maybe it was because I imported my launchers from Advanced Launcher, but it does this same this with ones created directly in AEL.

Thanks!

Braz, maybe the launchers.xml cleaner I did is screwing up. Send me your launchers.xml and I will have a look. Also, if you are considering making a view for AEL in Mimic or Arctic and need help I'm here to serve Wink

Edit: Braz, quick question. Does your filesystem have files with non-ASCII characters? Maybe issue can be related with Unicode support.

Regarding .lnk launchers: In theory they should work but maybe I broke some compatibility with AL in the launching code. Anyway, AL launcher code was based on a Python 2.4 and now Kodi ships with Python 2.7. This means I should replace it shortly and there could be problems until I get it right.

One question: when you use lnk launchers, are standalone launchers or ROM launchers? Also, if standalone, the lnk points to an EXE right?
Thanks for the quick response! I'm using standalone launchers with links that point to Window game .exe files.

I just went looking for my launcher.xml in AEL's addon_data folder, but didn't find it. Instead, it looks like all of my launchers are in categories.xml. Is it supposed to be like this?

Doesn't look to be a unicode issue, I've likely just messed something up. Smile
Still having this issue with the latest AEL, just opening a Windows Explorer window to Kodi for my standalone launchers. Here's the contents of my fixed_launchers.xml, I don't have a launchers.xml file in my AEL addon_data folder.

http://pastebin.com/n0cRsWBA

Any ideas?
(2016-09-21, 08:55)foleyjo Wrote: I have a question about the asset folders. Is AEL supposed to create the folders when you add a new emulator launcher? It doesn't seem to for me. It asks where I want them to go but then I have to create them myself. When I am selecting them manually the directory viewer doesn't start in the folder I selected, it shows all drives instead.

AEL does create automatically all the artwork subfolders for you. However, when you introduce the artwork directory, make sure you click on "OK" button. If you press "back" in the keyboard or the dialog is cancelled then AEL won't create any subdir and all artwork directories will be unset. If the artwork directories are unset (empty string) then AEL presents the "root" directory, which in Windows has all Kodi sources.

I will add a warning in the Add New Launcher wizard to warn the user if the artwork directory dialog is cancelled.

EDIT: I found the bug. If you choose the same path for artwork and ROMs then AEL did not create the artwork paths. Will be fixed in 0.9.2 to be released shortly.
(2016-09-21, 11:35)bibiyanki Wrote: hello: i try your extension but it's very hard to configure

Kodi has a limited graphical interface plugins can use. Thus, I cannot create fancy and user friendly wizars like AEL were a native Android application. Care has been taken to make AEL more easy and robust than AL. I'm afraid it is very difficult to make AEL setup easier.

(2016-09-21, 11:35)bibiyanki Wrote: i have shield tv with android, it's workHuh because i have success with add cover for my rom in /system/usbstorage/sda1/
but first problem, it refuse to create asset artwork in my extern hard disk (other extension can) so i put all in my repertory /download....

AEL works well on Android. I myself do not use Kodi on Android, but other users have reported AEL works OK in Android boxes. If you want any support, please post a debug log as indicated in the first post so I can see what's going on and help you.

(2016-09-21, 11:35)bibiyanki Wrote: other problem and the biggest, emulator doesn't work at all, i use old argument of advanced launcher for d.emu, epsxe, snes9,drastic...nothing work but emulator work fine when i click on ....

please you can help me, i have download last version from github...

It is better if you install the latest stable version. Development versions can be unstable and I only recommend to install them if you really know what you are doing (for example, I commit a patch for a problem and ask you to install that development version to test).
(2016-09-25, 02:33)braz Wrote: Still having this issue with the latest AEL, just opening a Windows Explorer window to Kodi for my standalone launchers. Here's the contents of my fixed_launchers.xml, I don't have a launchers.xml file in my AEL addon_data folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks Braz. The "fixed" launchers.xml seems OK to me at first glance.

All you lnk files in C:\Users\Alienware\Downloads\Game Shortcuts\ point to the game EXE files, right?

It seems that launching of LNK files in Windows is broken at the moment... Currently I'm working on 0.9.2, hopefully will release in a few hours. For 0.9.3 I want to update the launcher code from Python 2.4 to current Python 2.7 and your issue will be fixed.

Also, I got an idea looking at your setup. Instead of creating a separated standalone launcher per game, do you think it would be better to have a special launcher that will launch LNK files as it they were ROMs? Reason is that you will have access to the expanded artwork model AEL offers for ROMs.
(2016-09-25, 11:35)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 02:33)braz Wrote: Still having this issue with the latest AEL, just opening a Windows Explorer window to Kodi for my standalone launchers. Here's the contents of my fixed_launchers.xml, I don't have a launchers.xml file in my AEL addon_data folder.

Any ideas?

All you lnk files in C:\Users\Alienware\Downloads\Game Shortcuts\ point to the game EXE files, right?

It seems that launching of LNK files in Windows is broken at the moment... Currently I'm working on 0.9.2, hopefully will release in a few hours. For 0.9.3 I want to update the launcher code from Python 2.4 to current Python 2.7 and your issue will be fixed.

Also, I got an idea looking at your setup. Instead of creating a separated standalone launcher per game, do you think it would be better to have a special launcher that will launch LNK files as it they were ROMs? Reason is that you will have access to the expanded artwork model AEL offers for ROMs.

Thanks for responding! Yes, all the lnk shortcuts point to game exe files. If I click the lnk files directly, the games launch.

I'll keep an eye out for the next version. I'm not familiar with how the roms work, but if you implement it that way I will definitely test and provide feedback. A benefit I'm thinking of is that I'd be able to use the favorites virtual folder.

Thanks!
(2016-09-25, 16:23)braz Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 11:35)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks for responding! Yes, all the lnk shortcuts point to game exe files. If I click the lnk files directly, the games launch.

I'll keep an eye out for the next version. I'm not familiar with how the roms work, but if you implement it that way I will definitely test and provide feedback. A benefit I'm thinking of is that I'd be able to use the favorites virtual folder.

Thanks!

I've done a fix for standalone launchers using LNK files. Patch is currently in Github and will be in 0.9.2. I have not tested it since I don't have a Windows computer at home but it should work.

You can try to install current version from Github or wait to 0.9.2 release.
(2016-09-25, 17:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote: I've done a fix for standalone launchers using LNK files. Patch is currently in Github and will be in 0.9.2. I have not tested it since I don't have a Windows computer at home but it should work.

You can try to install current version from Github or wait to 0.9.2 release.
Hmm, I just tested the latest commit from an hour ago (44cd0a0), but it's still doing the same thing. When I click on a standalone launcher in AEL, I just get a Windows Explorer window with Kodi's path.

FYI, the same launcher in the original Advanced Launcher still works fine, it launches the game.
(2016-09-25, 17:41)braz Wrote: Hmm, I just tested the latest commit from an hour ago (44cd0a0), but it's still doing the same thing. When I click on a standalone launcher in AEL, I just get a Windows Explorer window with Kodi's path.

FYI, the same launcher in the original Advanced Launcher still works fine, it launches the game.

OK... without a Windows computer to test at home is the best I can do. Will fix in 0.9.3. Sorry for keep you waiting Blush
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12