Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-10-05, 10:06)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Thanks a lot for this tutorial. I may add it to AEL wiki on Github in the future Smile

No problem and great if you put it in the wiki.

(2016-10-05, 10:06)Wintermute0110 Wrote: What is Launcher4Kodi?
Launcher4Kodi is a Windows application which autostarts Kodi at boot time. Additionally, it makes the Kodi to stay always on and many other things. I think that the problem was that
Launcher4Kodi was trying to force Kodi to be the top window and Steam was trying to force the streaming client to be the top windows. I am fine without Launcher4Kodi. I just put Kodi in the startup folder.
(2016-10-05, 10:06)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-10-04, 17:33)krola Wrote: I have a few persisting problems. Any help for these would be greatly appreciated
1. When the game stops, Kodi stays minimized. Can this be fixed somehow? I tried fiddling with AEL settings but could not figure out anything. Is it so that AEL is not running at this time so it can not notice that the game has finished?
You need an external tool to maximise/minimise Kodi, and to create a wrapper for your launcher. Have a look at this and related posts.
I tried this and this alone is not enough. While starting up the game, Steam seems to exit immediately, so maximize is called even before the game starts. I think I need an AutoHotKey script or at least a more complex batch file. I will give a try.

(2016-10-05, 10:06)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-10-04, 17:33)krola Wrote: 2. It would be great if I could open the appropriate AEL launcher by selecting "Games" in the main menu. I have only managed to have it open AEL after which I will have to select the category and then the launcher. I faintly remember that there used to be a way to find out the ID for any Kodi window and then you could create a favorite for that and then put the favorite in the main menu. I tried searching the forum, but didn't find anything. Does anybody know about this?
What skin are you using? That's something related with the skin, AEL has nothing to do. Please post in the particular skin support forum and request they support AEL in the skin.
I am using Aeon Mq 7. There is one thing AEL could do to help skins. AEL could have a feature so that any category or any launcher could be saved to favourites. This is because many skins have a feature which lets the user put a favourite to the main menu. Advanced Launcher had this feature.
I did something like this manually to partially solve my problem. I manually added XML-code for a shortcut to AEL favourites to favourites.xml. Like this
Code:
<favourite name="AEL Games">ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?com=SHOW_FAVOURITES&quot;,return)</favourite>

Then I bound the "Games" in the main menu to this favourite. So AEL favourites are opened when I choose Games in the main menu.
I also tried to add a shortcut for my launcher but I run into problems with url parsing with multiple parameters. SHOW_ROMS-command in the AEL requires three parameters.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by krola - 2016-10-05, 16:35
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12