• 15(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-10-09, 09:23)xodiuser Wrote: Always got error when "Add No-Intro XML DAT ..."

Code:
00:17:52 T:18446744072407617480   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Required argument 'shares' (pos 3) not found
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/usbotg/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/addon.py", line 47, in <module>
                                                plugin.run_plugin()
                                              File "/storage/usbotg/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 211, in run_plugin
                                                self._command_edit_launcher(args['catID'][0], args['launID'][0])
                                              File "/storage/usbotg/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 1323, in _command_edit_launcher
                                                useThumbs = False, treatAsFolder = False).decode('utf-8')
                                            TypeError: Required argument 'shares' (pos 3) not found
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Yes... I spot that bug yesterday. It's been fixed in the last commit in Github. Please install the latest development version from Github (instructions in the first post).

Also, if you want to use DATs to audit your launcher, make sure you choose "P/Clone XML" in Dat-o-matic and also click on "Default parent if there is no p/c info". There is a bug that prevents DAT files to shown in the DAT file dialog, so rename your .dat file to .xml for loading in AEL.
(2016-10-08, 23:46)RazorFR Wrote: At the rom level
Edit rom > Edit Assets/artworks > List
Edit Title (here I can see my poster not displayed in the skin)
Edit Snap
Edi Fanart
Etc...

If I choose anything else than title, get a message "directory to store xxx not configured". also there is no Edit Thumbnail, may be part of my problem.

In the ROM context menu, "Edit ROM" -- "Edit Assets/Artwork..." allows you to change the assets for each ROM individually. When you import you AL launchers.xml only the paths for Titles, Fanart and Trailers are set. If you want to use other assets, then you have to manually create their directories and then go to the Launcher context menu, "Edit Launcher" -- "Manage ROM Asset directories...". That will solve the issue of "Directory to store xxx not configured".

(2016-10-08, 23:46)RazorFR Wrote: I did the same at the launcher level
Edit launcher > Edit Assets/artworks > List
Edit Thumbnails (I see my poster, displayed in the skin)
Etc..

I also tried at the launcher level
Edit launcher > Choose default Asset/artworks
Thumbs (currently Thumbs)
Fanart (currently Fanart)
Banner (currently Banner)
Poster (currently Flyer) > Tried to change this one to poster but still nothing displayed at rom level

Strange thing is in a previous version of the AEL, roms thumbs were displayed fine after the import.

The steps you did are for configuring the artwork you want to display for the launcher.

To change the default artwork for the ROMs, in the launcher context menu go to "Edit Launcher" --- "Manage ROM list" -- "Choose ROMs default Assets/Artwork..." Then you will be able to choose the asset you want to display as thumb.

(2016-10-08, 23:46)RazorFR Wrote: Yes recently played and most played would be a nice touch indeed. recently added not really useful I do agree.

OK, will put it on the TODO list.
(2016-10-09, 09:23)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-10-09, 06:06)Wayneright Wrote: I have been through the rigorous pleasure of setting up Hyperspin and the only easy part was skinning thanks to the Hypertheme.exe . I would like to use all the assets you have available to achieve at least one view in my skin on par or above a hyper spin wheel and collection view. I can do the basic fanarts trailer and thumbnail skinning but was curious on how to call things like logo into play. Are you using something like "$INFO[ListItem.Property(logo)" or is the only way to configure in the context menu and trick the code by placing logos in another folder like title snaps. Really like the AEL addon. Hard to get it to scrape whole selection for me but individual metadata always works.

I'm not a skinner myself, just a coder, so the help I can give you is limited Blush

Have a look here to know all the metadata and artwork set by AEL.

For the case of a view for ROMs, I guess the infolabels you use in the skin will be like,

PHP Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Art(title)]
$INFO[ListItem.Art(snap)]
$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]
$INFO[ListItem.Art(banner)]

Extrafanart is not currently implemented but I will code it soon.
I was thinking something like this that fits the media center feel with animated pngs video fanart logo and thumbnail.
Hyperspin uses generic names like artwork_1 and artwork_2 etc.from what I remember. KODI could implement the clearart and character tags for animated pngs.
Also thinking about a more arcade theme used in hyperspin for fun.

(2016-10-09, 09:27)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Yes... I spot that bug yesterday. It's been fixed in the last commit in Github. Please install the latest development version from Github (instructions in the first post).

Also, if you want to use DATs to audit your launcher, make sure you choose "P/Clone XML" in Dat-o-matic and also click on "Default parent if there is no p/c info". There is a bug that prevents DAT files to shown in the DAT file dialog, so rename your .dat file to .xml for loading in AEL.

Thanks!

For the game list, I got all games listed with their file name, such as for dino.zip, it shows "dino [Have]", not "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (World)", but other information, such as year and manufacturer, are correct. How can I fix this?
(2016-10-09, 09:46)Wintermute0110 Wrote: The steps you did are for configuring the artwork you want to display for the launcher.

To change the default artwork for the ROMs, in the launcher context menu go to "Edit Launcher" --- "Manage ROM list" -- "Choose ROMs default Assets/Artwork..." Then you will be able to choose the asset you want to display as thumb.

Yes, that did the trick! Thanks for the guidance

(2016-10-09, 09:46)Wintermute0110 Wrote: OK, will put it on the TODO list.

Cool.

Also noticed something when using the gamesdb scrapper. It didn't import correctly the year release date.
(2016-10-09, 10:49)xodiuser Wrote: Thanks!

For the game list, I got all games listed with their file name, such as for dino.zip, it shows "dino [Have]", not "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (World)", but other information, such as year and manufacturer, are correct. How can I fix this?

When auditing No-Intro ROMs, "fake" ROMs from the No-Intro DAT are added to the launcher as Missing ROMs. Those ROMs are not scraped, so there is no metadata. The idea of the auditing is that you can identify which ROMs you have, which ROMs you don't. However, if you think it could be useful to scrape and add metadata to the missing ROMs that can be done quickly using the offline scraper.

Also, make sure in plugin settings "ROM scanner" you activate the option "Ignore scraped name (use filename instead)" is activated if you want to see the ROM filename in the listing.
Would you please make the AEL addon appears as a Video Addon? For a video addon, there are many view types available, but for program addon, there is only list/wall view, both of them are terrible for games in Krypton.
(2016-10-11, 09:11)xodiuser Wrote: Would you please make the AEL addon appears as a Video Addon? For a video addon, there are many view types available, but for program addon, there is only list/wall view, both of them are terrible for games in Krypton.

I know view types for program addons are terrible... In early stages of development, I tried to make AEL a video provider addon. However, if I do so then I get a log of errors in Kodi log, like the items in the list are non-playable, etc. I know other addons like IARL and HL provide both program and video. However, and with lot of respect for those addons, I want AEL to be a high quality addon and don't fill Kodi log with lots of errors and warnings.

More technically, I tried to use setUrl() and things like that in order to avoid warning messages when launching items. However, I'm a Python coder but not an expert in the Kodi API. If someone knows how to make a launcher program like AEL a video provider in a technically good way I will add that feature to AEL immediately.

The proper thing to do is to go to the Estuary/Confluence (change the name by the one of your favourite skin) support subforums and ask the skin developers to increase the number of views for program addons. This has been a long standing problem in Kodi and I suspect the solution is easy, just a few modifications are required on the skin. I think 99% of the skin code for videos can be used in views for program addons without any problem and the proof is that some people has moded skins like Arctic Zephyr to enable some video views as program views with minimal modification to the skin code.

On the other hand, I know there are people working specifically in views designed for AEL and other launcher plugins... Stay tuned!
Sorry if this has been asked before. I've tried searching but is there way to add a standalone launcher (exe) to Kodi Favorites. I created a new launcher, pointed it to the exe i want to launch. Set emulator to 'unknown'. It shows up under my emulators folder and works/launches my app however i cannot seem to add it to the Kodi Favorites. There is no "Add to Favorites" option in the context menu for the standalone launcher
(2016-10-11, 20:41)wacind Wrote: Sorry if this has been asked before. I've tried searching but is there way to add a standalone launcher (exe) to Kodi Favorites. I created a new launcher, pointed it to the exe i want to launch. Set emulator to 'unknown'. It shows up under my emulators folder and works/launches my app however i cannot seem to add it to the Kodi Favorites. There is no "Add to Favorites" option in the context menu for the standalone launcher
Favourites, collections, browse by ... are only available for ROMs, for some technical reasons.

If you use Windows you can create LNK files for your games, and then create a LNK launcher. Then you will have access to the ROM features.
(2016-10-11, 09:11)xodiuser Wrote: Would you please make the AEL addon appears as a Video Addon? For a video addon, there are many view types available, but for program addon, there is only list/wall view, both of them are terrible for games in Krypton.

(2016-10-11, 09:58)Wintermute0110 Wrote: The proper thing to do is to go to the Estuary/Confluence (change the name by the one of your favourite skin) support subforums and ask the skin developers to increase the number of views for program addons. This has been a long standing problem in Kodi and I suspect the solution is easy, just a few modifications are required on the skin. I think 99% of the skin code for videos can be used in views for program addons without any problem and the proof is that some people has moded skins like Arctic Zephyr to enable some video views as program views with minimal modification to the skin code.

@xodiuser - What Wintermute says here is largely correct. You would need to tinker with the XMLs of the desired skin and you could shoehorn technically any view from another section into Programs. That depends if your skills with XML and Kodi skins is up to snuff. But it isn't too much of a technical hurdle. The trouble is, even if you did shoehorn views or even if Wintermute decided to change it to a Video add-on the views themselves wouldn't support the multitude of new artworks that AEL allows simply because that code wouldn't exist in the view in the first place - that is dependent on either the skin author deciding to add it or if some adventurous modder decides to add it.

(2016-10-11, 09:58)Wintermute0110 Wrote: On the other hand, I know there are people working specifically in views designed for AEL and other launcher plugins... Stay tuned!

This is also true. Big Grin AEL has made massive strides beyond what AL was capable of. A testament to the great work of Wintermute. Skinners require time to catch up. Smile
OMG THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SOOOO GREAT, i use to use Advanced Launcher and roms didnt work in the new v17. use this and it works. I LOVE YOU THANKS SOOO MUCH> GOD BLESS YOU.
This looks very interesting. I'm currently working on developing an RPi3 based infotainment system with the capability of running the program ECUFlash 1.44 to allow me to switch ecu tunes on the unit through the obd2 port. Been having issues getting the windows program to work on my RPi3. I have it working on my Ubuntu 15.10 laptop.

Do you happen to know if it can run an x86 program on an ARM?

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-14, 07:35)RallyeBourne Wrote: This looks very interesting. I'm currently working on developing an RPi3 based infotainment system with the capability of running the program ECUFlash 1.44 to allow me to switch ecu tunes on the unit through the obd2 port. Been having issues getting the windows program to work on my RPi3. I have it working on my Ubuntu 15.10 laptop.

Do you happen to know if it can run an x86 program on an ARM?

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)
Is that question related with Advanced Emulator Launcher?
(2016-10-14, 07:35)RallyeBourne Wrote: Do you happen to know if it can run an x86 program on an ARM?

ARM / x86. Completely different architectures.

Have to use a translator / emulator of sorts. Such as Bochs or Exagear - https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/

Supposedly there has been WINE in development for ARM for ages. Even then, with any of these things mileage will vary extremely.

However, none of this subject matter has to do with AEL and your questions may be better posed in some of the hardware areas. AEL simply serves as a launcher for applications for the chosen hardware, it serves no binary translation purposes.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12