Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-10-11, 09:11)xodiuser Wrote: Would you please make the AEL addon appears as a Video Addon? For a video addon, there are many view types available, but for program addon, there is only list/wall view, both of them are terrible for games in Krypton.

I know view types for program addons are terrible... In early stages of development, I tried to make AEL a video provider addon. However, if I do so then I get a log of errors in Kodi log, like the items in the list are non-playable, etc. I know other addons like IARL and HL provide both program and video. However, and with lot of respect for those addons, I want AEL to be a high quality addon and don't fill Kodi log with lots of errors and warnings.

More technically, I tried to use setUrl() and things like that in order to avoid warning messages when launching items. However, I'm a Python coder but not an expert in the Kodi API. If someone knows how to make a launcher program like AEL a video provider in a technically good way I will add that feature to AEL immediately.

The proper thing to do is to go to the Estuary/Confluence (change the name by the one of your favourite skin) support subforums and ask the skin developers to increase the number of views for program addons. This has been a long standing problem in Kodi and I suspect the solution is easy, just a few modifications are required on the skin. I think 99% of the skin code for videos can be used in views for program addons without any problem and the proof is that some people has moded skins like Arctic Zephyr to enable some video views as program views with minimal modification to the skin code.

On the other hand, I know there are people working specifically in views designed for AEL and other launcher plugins... Stay tuned!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-10-11, 09:58
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12