Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-11-26, 14:19)cgebke Wrote: This is a really great add-on. I have it working great with Retroarch, Windows 10, Zbox. I am currently using Aeon MQ7 and panel view to look at my roms. The top left of the panel shows where there should be a picture but its blank. This might be a question for the MQ7 forum, but I was wondering if anyone might know how to adjust what picture can go in that panel.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the addon.

AEL supports two types of artwork: standard Kodi and AEL customised. Standard Kodi artwork are Icon/Thumb, Fanart, Poster and Clearlogo. AEL customised artwork is Boxfront, Boxback, Title, Snap, etc. When using a skin which does not support AEL (and currently ALL officially released skins DO NOT support AEL) expect only the standard Kodi artwork to be shown.

In order to enrich the AEL experience when using skins that do not support AEL, you can customise what kind of assets you want to display as the standard Kodi assets. For example, the default is to map/bind Boxfront to Icon, so Confluence/Estuary will display your Boxfront. However, you may decide you want to associate Title to Icon, so skins will show your title screenshot instead of the Boxfront. Once skins that truly support AEL are released then you will be able to enjoy all AEL eye-candy bells and whistles.

I currently have Aeon MQ5 installed on my "production" HTPC. I think MQ5 and MQ7 behavior will be the same, but I may be wrong. Like Confluence, MQ5 will display Poster on top of Icon. In other words: Poster has preference over Icon, so if you have a ROM or Launcher with Icon and Poster, Poster will be rendered. Also, one view of MQ5 displays Clearlogos. You can use the AEL debug view for Confluence (see second post of this thread) so you can see all artwork AEL supports and also the artwork you have mapped to the standard types.

(2016-11-26, 14:19)cgebke Wrote: Also, is there anyway to get Kawaks to work with this? Thanks for all the help.

You can use ANY application/emulator with AEL. However, you need to know how to use the emulator/app from command line. In the case of Kawaks have a look here.

Just for curiosity... why to use Kawaks when you have MAME? Is there any game Kawaks supports and MAME doesn't?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-11-27, 09:00
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12