Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-12-12, 16:24)kiaenigma27 Wrote: Sorry guys me again..

So just bought a second shield TV for the cinema room and want to copy the setup from my first shield tv.. what the easiest way?

I thought the kodi backup addon would work but it doesnt.

can i just copy the folders from the addon & user data folders inside kodi?

i copied over the categories xml & settings xml but it gives me an error when trying to browse the roms that launcher cant be found

No worries, this thread is for AEL support Big Grin

On the second Kodi setup install AEL as usual. Then, transfer all you ROMs directories and assets directories to the second setup. Finally, make a zip file with the contents of your USER_DIR/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/ Unzip that in the second setup under USER_DIR/addon_data. IF the ROM paths AND the asset paths are exactly the same on both setups then AEL will show no errors. If you also installed exactly the same emulators in exactly the same paths launching will also work.

In case you need to change the ROM paths for every launcher you can do on "Edit Launcher" context menu and then rescan. Same for artwork paths. Currently you have to change artwork path by path (that is, change titles first, snaps second, etc.). An option can be added to AEL to change all paths at once (by selecting the parent directory that contains all assets subdirectories, just same as when you create a new launcher). If emulator executables are on different paths then you will have to edit the launcher executable for every launcher also.

Edit: if for some reason you have to change ROM paths, assets paths, etc. on the second setup, I think the quickest way is it to manually edit the file categories.xml. Make a backup first in case you screw up. Then, carefully using Search and Replace you can do it much quicker than using AEL's graphical user interface. If you use Windows for editing categories.xml I recommend Notepad++ editor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-12-12, 16:53
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12