Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-12-27, 22:24)atari800 Wrote: It seems the artworks is cached someplace.
Example of problem:
I keep Atari 5200 Box art in
/home/JohnDoe/Pictures/Atari 5200/Named_Boxarts
In there I have a file called "James Bond 007 (USA).png"

This was a lousy picture and I found a better one which I replaced it with - same name, different PNG content
I restart KODI and in AEL, I see the old picture is still there.
I look at VIEW LAUNCHER ROM DATA and the path is correct
If I edit the artwork and look at BOXFRONT/CABINET category, I see the new image (which does not match in my 5200 menu)
I removed the deleted the rom and added it back manually and supply the correct path to the image and still it shows the old image (which no longer exists on my machine)

I even removed the entire 5200 launcher and it library and added it back and still it has old picture
====Edit====
Nevermind...
Texture Cache Maintenance utility took care of the issue and made response time 10x faster

Kodi caches every single image/icon/etc, including every image rendered by AEL. AEL includes some code that tries to update the Kodi cache whenever an image is imported or scraped. However, it seems that the cache update is not working well. Sometimes you see the new image instantly, sometimes you have to wait a bit. Indeed, if you use the Texture Cache utility to flush the Kodi image cache then you can see all changes instantly. I will add this issue to the TODO list.

EDIT: Kodi image cache uses the image filename to generate the cache entry. Even if you remove the launcher from AEL, the images will remain in the Kodi cache. If you add the launcher again, since the image filename is the same then Kodi will use the cached image and not the new one!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-12-27, 22:34
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12