Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-01-08, 17:15)billyc666 Wrote: at present im trying to complete the offline scrapers for the big databases ie cpc, c64 atari st, amiga and zx spectrum i have all the info but need descriptions, so my idea was to use AEL to scrape the info and extract it from the json files but i have a problem and im not sure if you can change the scrap_metadata.py file to help in this
at present it scrapes the plot like this

Code:
"m_plot":"Leader+Board\ authors <a href=\"/developer/sheet/view/developerId,1084/\ and <a href=\"/developer/sheet/view/developerId,1083/\ tried their hand at tenpin bowling, in one of the game's earliest recreations. The process of bowling the ball involves timing a succession of clicks to set the right angle, speed and curve, similarly to Leaderboard's system. Three skill levels are provided - Kids level sets the speed and hook automatically, while Amateur has more margin for error with hook/slice than professional. The game is played from a plan view, with four other (empty) lanes visible. Single matches or a league structure can be played.",

I managed to clean all the HTML tags from all the scrapers. However, when I introduced the Arcade Database scraper I had to split the HTML cleaning functions into two, which disabled some of the HTML cleaning in GameFAQs and MobyGames scraper. The problem is specially annoying in the MobyGames scraper. Will have a look ASAP into this issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-01-11, 10:30
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12