Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-01-21, 21:06)KODser Wrote: Some suggestions for MAME on AEL.
- If the launcher is set to MAME, only scrape on Arcade Database. For me only scrapes on other sites and doesn't find anything, the rest I already told you on the thread of the AML (hope it's not off topic there)

That will reduce the flexibility of AEL... Although Arcade Database should work for any MAME ROM, it does not include plot. Some arcade games maybe found in TheGamesDB, GameFAQs and MobyGames.

(2017-01-21, 21:06)KODser Wrote: - The assets folders should be named correctly by default (marquees cpanels PCBs Cabinets). well, technically I don't know how the scraper works. don't know if its MAME it knows that has to download the cabinet etc, or if the folders have those names, it knows that he has to download cabinet, etc.

I think there should be no problem to use different folder names when platform is MAME. The scraper always uses the standard names (for example, boxfront, boxback, etc.) and knows it has to download a cabinet if told to get a boxfront. However, since you can configure any directory you want for any assets the scraper doesn't mind if the boxfront target directory is named .../boxfront/ of .../cabinets/. Will add this features in the TODO for 0.9.6.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-01-22, 09:54
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12