Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hi Wintermute,

Two things, first I really like the new multi-disc implementation. I think starting with TOSEC names etc. is a good start, though I would like to see more flexibility with disc names (the disc name section can probably be used for tape sides etc. as well).

To simplify the parser, maybe use a different delimiter for disc names such as {}. In pseudo logic it would be like

1) define rom name as "start of file name" to character before last "(" characer.
2) define disc number as the number part sandwiched between last "("[whatever not number] number [whatever] last ")"
3) define name as name in between last "{" and last "}"

so something like "Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Disc 1) {Leon Disc}.cue would be
Name: Resident Evil 2 (USA) [Some additional parsing for tags is probably also done]
Disc: 1
Name: Leon Disc

Thanks for working on multidisc though!

2) To follow up on the comment about ratings, one other incredibly useful option to consider would be to implement user accounts for AEL. I'm not sure how it's done in KODI, but in the AEL DB maybe add an additional "Restricted kodi accounts" attribute for roms and then not show that rom when that user is loaded. There probably needs to be a bulk select/deselect option for blocking/unblocking accounts, but it would be incredibly useful for parents to be able to quickly switch between accounts when handing the controller over to their children.

And I realize that's a ton of work so, uh, maybe sometime in the distant future?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by atsumori - 2017-01-24, 10:01
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12