Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Thanks for the bug reports. Currently I'm busy with real life and a new launcher project (have a look in Github if interested...) and will tackle all this as soon as possible.

(2017-03-15, 08:52)foleyjo Wrote: Hi,
A few things from playing around last night.

1 - On windows the \ character is ignored in directory paths unless you surround it with quotations " (that's surround the whole path with " " not just the character. This is the reason retroarch wouldn't launch correctly until they were added to the command line)

I need a more concrete example. The \ character is ignored in the arguments, the app name, etc.

(2017-03-15, 08:52)foleyjo Wrote: 2 - As well as cancel when importing can there be a stop button which saves what you have already imported. Sometimes when importing a large amount of games while scraping the meta data I have to turn of my pc and canceling undos everything I've already scraped

This has been in my mind for a long time. I think the proper thing to do is to add an option in the addon settings like "Update NFO files after scraping". Name says it all: whenever you scrap metadata of a ROM the NFO file of that ROM is automatically updated. Then, if you resume your scanner later and select the scraping policy "NFO files + Scraper" all the previously scraped ROMs will be read from the cached NFO files so the loading speed will be even faster than using the Offline scraper. Assets, however, are always saved as local images as soon as they are downloaded. The recommended asset scraper policy is "Local files + Scraper". What do you think?

(2017-03-15, 08:52)foleyjo Wrote: 3 - Is it possible to show the rom title in the game list but scrape the images with the scraped meta data title?
I noticed that when auto scraping meta data it sometimes got the wrong game and changed the title in the list. At least with the wrong image but correct title in the list I'll be able to see there is a mistake and correct it

ROM title you mean the ROM filename? Current behaviour is to use the ROM title (which may be different from the filename if you choose to cleean the ROM tags, for example) for scrapping. However, there could be bugs out there... if you pinpoint strange behaviour please will be specific (for example, "when scraping asset XXXX of a SNES launcher with ROM formatting option YYYY the name that shows up on window titled ZZZZZ is AAAA. The correct should be BBBB").

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-03-15, 17:13
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12