Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-11-04, 15:22)crono141 Wrote: Well, I've read the scrapers demystified post, and I'm still mystified.  Here's the problem:

Quote:The scrapers can be used by the ROM Scanner or via the Launcher/ROM context menu. Note that at the moment only the ROM Scanner can do batch scraping. With the context menu you can only scrape individual Launchers or ROMs.

I have no option to invoke the scraper from the launcher/rom context menu.  The only options I have are pointing the roms at different local artwork.  There is no mention of the scraper at all.  And even when I have scraper settings set up correction, nothing gets scraped on rom import either.

To scrape single ROM artwork: 1) Browse to the ROM you want to scrape artwork and open the ROM context menu. 2) Select "Edit ROM". 3) Select "Edit Assets/Artwork". 4) Select the artwork type you want, for example "Edit Title..." 4) A new select dialog shows up with options "Select local image", "Import local image (copy and rename)", "Unset artwork/asset". After "Unset artwork/asset" you have the scrapers. Note that the scrapers you see depend of the artwork type and the platform. AEL is intelligent enough to display only the scrapers that support the particular asset type. For example, if you are scraping the Title of a ROM whose platform is not MAME, then you will see "Scrape Title from TheGamesDB", "Scrape Title from GameFAQs", "Scrape Title from MobyGames".

(2017-11-04, 15:22)crono141 Wrote: Also, I tried the kodi_rpc() function in my script here

Code:
#!/bin/bash

videomode=$1
sysport=$2
system=$3
rom=$4
filename="/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/kodi.launch"

kodi_rpc()
{
   METHOD="$1"
   json_str="{\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\",\"id\":\"1\",\"method\":\"$METHOD\"}\""
   curl -H "Content-type: application/json" -d "$json_str" http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc
}

touch $filename
launchID=$(tail --lines=30 /home/pi/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | grep launcherID | grep -v grep | awk '{print $9}')
catID=$(tail --lines=30 /home/pi/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | grep categoryID | grep -v grep | awk '{print $9}')
romID=$(tail --lines=30 /home/pi/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | grep romID | grep -v grep | awk '{print $9}')
#ps -ef | grep kodi_v | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill
kodi_rpc "Application.Quit"
echo -e "$catID" > $filename
echo -e "$launchID" >> $filename
echo -e "$romID" >> $filename
/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh $videomode $sysport $system "${rom}"
wait
/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _PORT_ kodi

And it did not successfully quit Kodi.  I do notice a lot of "escaped" quotes, which I'm not sure is required or not.  I use non-escaped quotes in my runcommand line and it executes ok.

Couple of things:

1) When I developed the script I used /bin/sh in Ubuntu and you are using bash. I'm not sure if there could be some incompatibilities from bash and sh for this script.

2) All the quotes are strictly necessary (at least in sh).

3) Have you activated the "Non-blocking launcher" option?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-11-06, 12:58
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12