• 96(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hi Wintermute,

Maybe the requirement is just mine then, haha!

I have lots of compressed PS2 ISO's, which PCSX2 doesn't support (I think!), but maybe I can find a workaround for those myself if my PSP, PSX, Wii etc ganes can be extracted by RetroArch. I will do some more research! Maybe I can use the command line arguments section of AEL to acheive an automatic unzipping somehow Big Grin
Where get all these games from
(2018-05-14, 10:51)fregrinz Wrote: Where get all these games from
Generally that's a forbidden question in most forums. However... read the first post of this thread and AML thread carefully.
(2018-05-14, 10:19)UnluckyForSome Wrote: Hi Wintermute,

Maybe the requirement is just mine then, haha!

I have lots of compressed PS2 ISO's, which PCSX2 doesn't support (I think!), but maybe I can find a workaround for those myself if my PSP, PSX, Wii etc ganes can be extracted by RetroArch. I will do some more research! Maybe I can use the command line arguments section of AEL to acheive an automatic unzipping somehow Big Grin
OK, I understand you situation now. Even if I implement the ZIP decompressor for ISOs it's going to take a while (minutes) before you can play. Also, you will need a huge space for the cache/temp directory. And there is the problem of setting a maximum space for the cache and cleaning it from time to time.

I strongly recommend you switch to Retroarch. Most cores now support MAME CHD format (Compressed Hunks of Data). You can convert your ISOs to CHD format or alternatively get the games in CHD format. You can check which cores support the CHD format here (click on the core .info file and you can see the ROM extensions supported). People have already started to use MAME CHD format massively, as you can see here and here.
(2018-05-14, 08:19)Wintermute0110 Wrote: No idea, I never used ePSXC. Maybe it's a side effect of calline the emu with wrong arguments before you started using $rombasenoext$.

Not sure, it seems to make a new one every time I start a game. But it also doesn't seem to do any harm, so I'll live.
I'm trying to create a view for AEL and was wondering if there is a way to get the Number of ROMs property when I'm in the launcher view. I know I can see it when I view the launcher properties, but I was hoping to have that information in the view itself so I could call something like $INFO[ListItem.NumRoms].

Also, I'm unable to add a Plot to a Launcher. I get an error when I try.
Excellent! What skin is the view for?

(2018-05-21, 15:07)Doctor Eggs Wrote: I'm trying to create a view for AEL and was wondering if there is a way to get the Number of ROMs property when I'm in the launcher view. I know I can see it when I view the launcher properties, but I was hoping to have that information in the view itself so I could call something like $INFO[ListItem.NumRoms].
I will code a new property for launchers called NumROMs. Once it is coded the infolabel will be $INFO[ListItem.Property(NumROMs)].

(2018-05-21, 15:07)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Also, I'm unable to add a Plot to a Launcher. I get an error when I try.
Can you post a debug log when the problem happens? Make sure you follow the instructions on the first post. In any case I will have a look ASAP.

In the mean time, export you launcher to an XML file, edit the XML to add a plot, and then import the edited XML. That should work right now.

EDIT: forgot to mention a couple of things

1) Although I said I would focus on AEL starting from this week, I'm still working on AML and will release a new version soon. AEL views are 100% compatible with AML views, you can try your view with AML and I can code the property feature tomorrow. It will take some time (weeks) to code it in AEL.

2) In AEL the number of object in a launcher depends if the display mode is Flat or Parent/Clone. In Flat mode you have number of ROMs, in Parent/Clone mode you have number of Parents. Should I add 2 different properties (NumROMs and NumParents), only one will be active at an given time OR Should I code a counter property NumObjects and then another property LauncherViewMode equal to Flat or PCloneHuh What is easier to code in the skin? In AML this situation is the same.
(2018-05-21, 17:08)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Excellent! What skin is the view for?
Aeon Nox Silvo. I contacted Mike to see if he wanted to put it into the skin. If he doesn't, I'll post the files that need to be updated in a separate thread.

(2018-05-21, 17:08)Wintermute0110 Wrote: I will code a new property for launchers called NumROMs. Once it is coded the infolabel will be $INFO[ListItem.Property(NumROMs)].
That will be awesome. Thanks!

Is there also a property that differentiates between Platforms and ROMs? I would like to have different text based on whether it's a platform vs. rom.

(2018-05-21, 17:08)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Can you post a debug log when the problem happens? Make sure you follow the instructions on the first post. In any case I will have a look ASAP.

In the mean time, export you launcher to an XML file, edit the XML to add a plot, and then import the edited XML. That should work right now. 
I'll go with the NFO import. Just saw all of the platform nfo files you have up in Git and that is awesome. I'll also post an error log when I get the opportunity.

(2018-05-21, 17:08)Wintermute0110 Wrote: 1) Although I said I would focus on AEL starting from this week, I'm still working on AML and will release a new version soon. AEL views are 100% compatible with AML views, you can try your view with AML and I can code the property feature tomorrow. It will take some time (weeks) to code it in AEL.
I'll check out AML.

(2018-05-21, 17:08)Wintermute0110 Wrote: 2) In AEL the number of object in a launcher depends if the display mode is Flat or Parent/Clone. In Flat mode you have number of ROMs, in Parent/Clone mode you have number of Parents. Should I add 2 different properties (NumROMs and NumParents), only one will be active at an given time OR Should I code a counter property NumObjects and then another property LauncherViewMode equal to Flat or PCloneHuh What is easier to code in the skin? In AML this situation is the same.
Two different properties makes more sense to me.
@Wintermute0110  have you spoken with Rufoo lately? Wonder if he has stopped completely on his skin Citrus.
(2018-05-21, 19:06)rdyott Wrote: @Wintermute0110  have you spoken with Rufoo lately? Wonder if he has stopped completely on his skin Citrus.
No but I will try to contact him.
@Doctor Eggs Give some time to think about this. Currently all the views in Estuary AEL Mod are no dynamic, that is, there is a view for ROMs, another for Launchers, another for Categories. I will create a dynamic view (a view than changes its appearance on the fly) and in the process I will modify AEL to enable it.

Also, as a reason to merge the AEL view tell Mike that any view for AEL could be used straight away once Kodi gets the games database, presumably in Kodi M****, so it's not wasted work at all.
@Doctor Eggs I've review the current AEL code. Here you have a list of all the properties currently set by AEL.

AEL_Content has the value of 'launchers' in the addon root and inside a category window, and the value 'roms' when you are viewing the ROMs inside a launcher (either real or virtual). The other properties (AEL_InFav, AEL_MultiDisc, etc.) are set for each ROM in the ListItem.

Currently, in a category/launcher view (AEL_Content = 'launchers') there is no way to differentiate between a Category, Standalone Launcher and ROM Launcher so a new property is needed so the skin can change the view on the fly. Additionally, AEL 0.10.0 will introduce new types of launchers (for example, AML imported virtual launcher). Also, I will code another property NumItems applicable to ROM launchers.

Again, please give some time. I will design and code the new properties and also will update the AEL SKINNING.md file.
On #2 did anything become of this? I'm having trouble finding skins with good views for AEL on Krypton, and this looks perfect 

Quote:Skin xxxxx (Kodi Krypton)

Kudos to Rufoo for sharing this work-in-progress views.

(2018-05-25, 11:39)tillaz87 Wrote: On #2 did anything become of this? I'm having trouble finding skins with good views for AEL on Krypton, and this looks perfect 
The name of the skin is Citris. Rufoo released a beta version some months ago. The beta is located in the Cirrus Extended subforum. I haven't heard from Rufoo in a while and this published beta has not been updated yet. You can try this beta but is far from a completely finished skin. Also, jurialmunkey is developing a new skin named Aura which has support for AEL. You can find Aura in the Skinning, WIP Skins subforum.

The best option for a nice skin with AEL support right now is Arctic Zephyr Plus. Estuary AEL Mod is not bad either. The views are somewhat cheap but the skin is usable and very stable.
Here's what I have so far. I still need to add some things and do some clean up. I created three views, Poster, Wide and Square (I am only posting Poster and Wide below) which will also have the ability to do large and small posters. I should have it done some time in the next week or so.

• 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12