Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2018-11-04, 16:19)Aatos Wrote: By the way Wintermute0110, is there some way to add assets and metadata to the virtual launchers (such as the genre listing) ? I'd like to have short descriptions and icon but I can't seem to find a way to change these and/or hack it Wink

I'm also using slightly old version (0.9.6) since I'm still on Kodi Jarvis due to using an older skin...

Thank you once more for the work on this, AEL is beautiful!

What skin (Cirrus, Rapier, ...?) Tongue Sadly that's the thing with Kodi, new version gets released and superb skins get lost like tears in the rain.

AEL 0.9.8 included artwork for all the virtual launchers, contributed by an user. However, 0.9.8 was never released and Chrisism and I are working now on 0.10.0. You may try 0.10.0 from Github, but keep in mind that AEL in master branch is now highly unstable. AEL is named now plugin.program.AEL instead of plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher. If you install AEL 0.10.0 you old AEL data will be in the plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher directory in user_data, don't panic if all your launchers are gone and just copy all the contents of old AEL dir into the new one.

If you want to hack AEL 0.9.6 I can tell you where to look at. Best thing is to wait until 0.10.0 gets released, which includes the default artwork. I can add a feature, like adding a XML so you can configure your own artwork for the virtual launchers. Minimum required Kodi version for 0.10.0 will be Krypton.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2018-11-04, 16:50
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12