Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2018-11-05, 22:47)Aatos Wrote: Thanks for the tips on the skins, maybe I can take my existing modifications to Lyrebird and get to Krypton/Leia through them.

Talk with Rufoo. If the changes you made are good ideas maybe he can incorporate them to Lirebird.

(2018-11-05, 22:47)Aatos Wrote: I also took a look at your helpful examples on 0.10.0 code vs. 0.9.6. If I understood this correctly, that would modify the assets used on the virtual launcher directories, e.g when deciding to look at all genres, there's a certain con etc? This made me think perhaps I was a bit unclear in the first post when describing what I'm trying to achieve. So I just wanted to confirm: I would not be looking to modify the assets linked to the launcher categories (e.g. genre), but rather all the individual genres themselves. E.g. if I have a "2D Platformer", I'd like that to have a certain description and art linked to it, then "Run n' Gun" have different certain ones, and so on. Is this something on the road map for 0.10.0 or only the one level higher? 

Of course I considered this might be tricky given the constantly updating nature of the content in those categories. It still seems like there's "empty slots" for this art when browsing through e.g. genres in Kodi so it would seem logical we could display an art for these, if only we could designate somewhere where that art is located. The xml file vcat_genre would seem like a place for this but it only holds very basic information, perhaps due to being constantly regenerated.. but perhaps a logic like "if art exists with the same name (+ plot data somewhere), then use it for this vlauncher" could work here?

Yes, AEL 0.10.0 will use fixed assets for all virtual launchers. As you correctly pointed out, having a different set of artwork for every platform, for every developer name, etc. is extremely difficult. Not difficult in the sense of impossible to do, but rather difficult as in it a hell of a long work.

When the virtual launchers are created (I think the name in AEL is Database rebuild or something like that) I can search for artwork in a specific directory. I can add this feature if you wish but generating all the required artwork is a huge effort.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2018-11-06, 07:06
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12