• 127(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2020-01-21, 23:09)myghalloween Wrote:
(2020-01-17, 06:03)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 22:14)myghalloween Wrote: Hi,

What "arguments" for the DEMUL emulator to launch games ?
In a launcher.bat file the following command works
:
demul.exe -run=dc -image="\\server\programs\Apps\SEGA Dreamcast\4 Wheel Thunder\4 Wheel Thunder v1.002 (E)[!].chd"
In AEL, the same doesn't work. See below :
log
What's wrong ?

Please enable DEBUG log level in AEL as indicated in the first post. Also, paste the full debug log, not a chunk.  
full log

I reproduced the bug with "$rom$" and ""$rom$"". Same issue.
Note that there is a space before "-run" in the command line

Thx 

Hi @Wintermute0110
did you find something in my log?
Are there any known methods for launching .url files via AEL? I can launch local steam games with AEL but I can't launch the steam .url file to stream them to a PC the games haven't been installed on. These .url shortcuts open and stream the games correctly in windows explorer. So far I have tried following the instructions for launching .lnk files but changed the extension to .url for rom scanning.
(2020-01-27, 00:36)myghalloween Wrote:
(2020-01-21, 23:09)myghalloween Wrote:
(2020-01-17, 06:03)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Please enable DEBUG log level in AEL as indicated in the first post. Also, paste the full debug log, not a chunk.  
full log

Thx 

Hi @Wintermute0110

AEL seems to be running Demul correctly. However, 6 seconds after execution Demul closes with return code 0 (return code 0 means no error). You are using remote paths to call Demul

Code:
\\STORM\\programs\\Apps\\SEGA Dreamcast\\4 Wheel Thunder\\4 Wheel Thunder v1.002 (E)[!].chd

Have you tried placing you CHDs in a local directory? I think the problem is that Demul cannot access files in remote filesystems:
(2020-01-27, 05:39)Jachin99 Wrote: Are there any known methods for launching .url files via AEL? I can launch local steam games with AEL but I can't launch the steam .url file to stream them to a PC the games haven't been installed on. These .url shortcuts open and stream the games correctly in windows explorer. So far I have tried following the instructions for launching .lnk files but changed the extension to .url for rom scanning.

Use the start command:

Code:
start "http://www.google.com"

More details here.
(2020-01-26, 12:31)DirtPT Wrote: Hi guys,
does anyone know what are the arguments for the Nebula emulator of Sega Model 2 to work on AEL?
On a previous release of AEL (don't remember which one) the emulator was launched and so the game.
Now the emulator is launched but not the game.
Keep the good work Cool

I need a full debug log to diagnose the problem, instructions about how to generate it on the first post.
(2020-01-27, 08:10)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 00:36)myghalloween Wrote:
(2020-01-21, 23:09)myghalloween Wrote: full log

Thx 

Hi @Wintermute0110

AEL seems to be running Demul correctly. However, 6 seconds after execution Demul closes with return code 0 (return code 0 means no error). You are using remote paths to call Demul
Code:
\\STORM\\programs\\Apps\\SEGA Dreamcast\\4 Wheel Thunder\\4 Wheel Thunder v1.002 (E)[!].chd

Have you tried placing you CHDs in a local directory? I think the problem is that Demul cannot access files in remote filesystems:       
@Wintermute0110 
I haven't tried in a local directory, but Demul works with remote files because, waiting for a solution, I actually "link" AEL Demul launcher with a commandline.exe (with autoit) integrating arguments and work all fine.
My code below :

;~ Variables
$appPath = "C:\Emulators\DEMUL\"
$appCommand = "demul.exe"
$appArguments = "-run=dc -image="
;~ Variables end

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
RunWait($appPath & $appCommand & ' ' & $appArguments & '"' & $CmdLine[1] & '"')

Func Terminate ()
    ProcessClose ( $appCommand )
EndFunc
(2020-01-27, 12:23)myghalloween Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 08:10)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 00:36)myghalloween Wrote: Hi @Wintermute0110

Code:

@Wintermute0110 
I haven't tried in a local directory, but Demul works with remote files because, waiting for a solution, I actually "link" AEL Demul launcher with a commandline.exe (with autoit) integrating arguments and work all fine.
My code below :

;~ Variables
$appPath = "C:\Emulators\DEMUL\"
$appCommand = "demul.exe"
$appArguments = "-run=dc -image="
;~ Variables end

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
RunWait($appPath & $appCommand & ' ' & $appArguments & '"' & $CmdLine[1] & '"')

Func Terminate ()
    ProcessClose ( $appCommand )
EndFunc

OK. I have rechecked the log and I think I've found the problem:

Code:
arguments = " -run=dc -image="\\STORM\programs\Apps\SEGA Dreamcast\4 Wheel Thunder\4 Wheel Thunder v1.002 (E)[!].chd""
arg_list  = ['-run=dc', '-image=\\STORM\\programs\\Apps\\SEGA Dreamcast\\4 Wheel Thunder\\4 Wheel Thunder v1.002 (E)[!].chd']

arg_list must be:

Code:
arg_list  = ['-run=dc', '-image=\\\\STORM\\programs\\Apps\\SEGA Dreamcast\\4 Wheel Thunder\\4 Wheel Thunder v1.002 (E)[!].chd']

Also, it doesn't hurt but the space at the beginning of the arguments but it is not needed. Let me think about how to solve this issue. I will notify when a patch is ready.
Yeah ! Very nice ! I'm waiting for.
Also, It would be practical, for emulators which do not have shortcut to close, to insert an additional field in the launcher to select a key which would close the running process
(2020-01-27, 08:11)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 05:39)Jachin99 Wrote: Are there any known methods for launching .url files via AEL? I can launch local steam games with AEL but I can't launch the steam .url file to stream them to a PC the games haven't been installed on. These .url shortcuts open and stream the games correctly in windows explorer. So far I have tried following the instructions for launching .lnk files but changed the extension to .url for rom scanning.

Use the start command:
Code:
start "http://www.google.com"

More details here
That gets me close but still doesn't quite work right.  When I run the start command with a steam streaming url, which always start with Steam://, another command window opens but the game doesn't launch.  When I try running something like, "explorer Steam://rungameid/61000" it doesn't work, and when I run the command "explorer http://steam://rungameid/61000" a default browser window opens with the address I passed minus a semicolon so the address in the browser window isn't correct.  When I just type the url from my shortcut into a browser then the game opens normally.

The only way I have been able to get the game to launch via the command line is to change directories to the location of the shortcut, an then type its name.  If I could get AEL to launch the shortcut from the directory its in instead of using the start command then I think it will work.  I'll keep looking at what options are available in AEL and see if I can come up with something.
Is it possible to add multi Path support to this Add-On? For example, I have a dedicated hard drive for all my roms and it is full now, so i bought a new hard drive to continue my rom collection onto, but it seems i'm unable to add roms to the add-on from the new drive because it only supports one path. I tried putting shortcuts of my new roms into many of the launcher's folders, but shortcuts are not read... am i missing something, any way around this limitation? Thanks in advance!
(2020-02-03, 02:07)eirrocmh Wrote: Is it possible to add multi Path support to this Add-On? For example, I have a dedicated hard drive for all my roms and it is full now, so i bought a new hard drive to continue my rom collection onto, but it seems i'm unable to add roms to the add-on from the new drive because it only supports one path. I tried putting shortcuts of my new roms into many of the launcher's folders, but shortcuts are not read... am i missing something, any way around this limitation? Thanks in advance! 

Also, I just started recently getting an error that reads this: "_Command_Render_ Roms(): Launcher ID not found in Self.Launchers. Report this bug." What is the cause of this and how do i fix it?
(2020-02-03, 23:12)eirrocmh Wrote: Is it possible to add multi Path support to this Add-On? For example, I have a dedicated hard drive for all my roms and it is full now, so i bought a new hard drive to continue my rom collection onto, but it seems i'm unable to add roms to the add-on from the new drive because it only supports one path. I tried putting shortcuts of my new roms into many of the launcher's folders, but shortcuts are not read... am i missing something, any way around this limitation? Thanks in advance! 

Also, I just started recently getting an error that reads this: "_Command_Render_ Roms(): Launcher ID not found in Self.Launchers. Report this bug." What is the cause of this and how do i fix it?

I just added an option named "Extra ROMs folder" which is basically an additional ROM path. The extra ROM folder is intended for translations and ROMs hacks and won't be audited. If you are not going to use the ROM audit feature just use the extra ROM path like you use the standard ROM path.

Shortcuts of ROMs won't work. Note that AEL just invokes the emulator and pass the ROM path as an argument. Emulators (launched apps) do not understand shortcuts and hence you will get an error like "Unknown ROM" or similar.

Regarding the last error you get: I need a full debug log to diagnose the problem. You have instructions on the first post about how to generate it.
Wintermute, how would I format my command line arguments for a PC games launcher so that AEL changes directory to a given folder, and then launches my .url shortcuts?  thanks.
(2020-02-05, 21:59)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2020-02-03, 23:12)eirrocmh Wrote: Is it possible to add multi Path support to this Add-On? For example, I have a dedicated hard drive for all my roms and it is full now, so i bought a new hard drive to continue my rom collection onto, but it seems i'm unable to add roms to the add-on from the new drive because it only supports one path. I tried putting shortcuts of my new roms into many of the launcher's folders, but shortcuts are not read... am i missing something, any way around this limitation? Thanks in advance! 

I just added an option named "Extra ROMs folder" which is basically an additional ROM path. The extra ROM folder is intended for translations and ROMs hacks and won't be audited. If you are not going to use the ROM audit feature just use the extra ROM path like you use the standard ROM path.

Shortcuts of ROMs won't work. Note that AEL just invokes the emulator and pass the ROM path as an argument. Emulators (launched apps) do not understand shortcuts and hence you will get an error like "Unknown ROM" or similar.

Regarding the last error you get: I need a full debug log to diagnose the problem. You have instructions on the first post about how to generate it. 
Thanks a lot i appreciate the help. this addon is awesome, hardly use launchbox anymore even though that is a great front end as well.
About the steam shortcuts I'm having trouble with.  The simplest way to launch them via the command line seems to be just typing I the full path to the file.  Is there a way I can format my command line arguments to only pass the path of my scanned roms to AEL?  I tried using "path" for my arguments so far but I haven't had any luck.
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12