Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2021-01-16, 23:50)MrSliff Wrote: Hey mate,

since the RC1 of kodi 19 is out now, what do you think how long will it take to get a release of the launcher addon?

That's the million dollar question. The quick answer is that AEL working in Python 3 is not going to happen any time soon.

The long answer is: currently I am working on some big changes about how AEL deals with platform artwork (which will allow to create themes like in other frontends like EmulationStation), add more metadata fields including game region and game languages, and support more artwork fields for ROMs. The main motto is to create something that is close to what could be a future Kodi Games Database. You can see the progress of my ideas on the following document, keep in mind that is very work in progress. On the other hand, me and Chrisism have been working for a while on a new version of AEL that includes a lot of new features. This new version of AEL is currently on the master branch and only works on Python 2. Upgrading the master branch to Python 3 will take some time, plus adding the new features will require even more time. With this coronavirus thing I have a lot of free time, however it is difficult to concentrate and code. So... in the best case it will take several months to see an AEL version running on Kodi Matrix.

Messages In This Thread
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2021-01-17, 16:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12