Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2021-02-08, 04:56)the_stag Wrote: I must be daft. I'm on v0.9.9 and I can't find the option to manually add roms. Is that still a thing?

I ask because when I try to scan for Wii U, most of the roms are incorrect. And the ones that have update files in addition create duplicates. Maybe my issue is I'm scanning the wrong info (.rpx extensions). Thanks!
Maybe there's a better way to do it, I followed the guide at https://cemu.cfw.guide/dumping-games to get games from the Wii U but dumpling generates (at least to me) random names for the .rpx ROMs, so the scrapers never work. Since I don't really have a lot of Wii U games (who does? haha) I just renamed the files to something the scraper could work with, like "Mario Kart 8" or "New Super Mario Bros U". Note that you have to change the cos.xml (it's on the same folder as the .rpx) to point to the new file name, the line you're looking for is something like
xml:
<argstr type="string" length="4096">Mario Kart 8.rpx</argstr>
otherwise cemu will freak out and crash. To avoid duplicates, I placed all updates and DLCs on a completely separate folder so AEL can't scan them (I keep them there as a backup, but I don't think you really need the original files after you've installed the updates/DLC). That's just the way I found to be easier because the scrapers work great once you have proper file names, however you could always manually edit the .nfo files and ROM assets if you want to.

Messages In This Thread
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by capewrath - 2021-02-08, 06:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12