Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2021-06-08, 17:48)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 16:01)Buff Wrote: Hi, I did originally have it lower case and changed it to see if it works - changed it back and still no luck, but I believe the log is now different - link below.

Out of interest, is there a utility you know of to convert to RVZ?  Just seen I can do this from within Dolphin - converted a couple of games, scanned them into AEL and play fine. No iso files though - I'll convert the rest, but thought you might still like to know in case it is more than just my system.

OK... the problem seems to be that you get a crash so the scanner never finishes so the database with ISO images is never written. The problematic filename is:
Code:
J:\My Games\Gamecube\Games\Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes (USA) (Disc 1)\Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes (Disc 1).iso

The problem is that AEL tries to extract the disc number tag from both the directory name and the file name. I will fix this tomorrow.
(2021-06-08, 16:01)Buff Wrote: Is there a preferred list of skins - the list on the first post would seem a bit out of date - that are good at showing games through AEL?

To be honest I don't know, I always use Estuary AEL. I always keep installed all Kodi skins and from time to time have a look at them and test how AEL looks on them. In many cases, however, the best skins are mods made by users so you will need to search the forum. Unfortunately, may superb skins have disappeared due to lack of maintenance and hence incompatibility with recent versions of Kodi, for example Mimic (Rufoo's version) or Cirrus Extended come to my mind. mechevarria recently posted in this thread an updated version of Arctic Zephyr with AEL support. In any case, when I had time I will update the list in the first post. I think the main problem here is that most skinners are not retrogamers and hence do not have much interest in supporting AEL or any other gaming addons.
Many thanks on both. I did see the Arctic Zephyr mod, will take a look. I've preferred an Aeon skin over the years, so hopeful there might be a mod with AEL support. They look ok in Aeon Silvo but not many view options.

Thanks for helping with this though, happy we've got the Gamecube games back on Kodi - now to add a few more systems!

Messages In This Thread
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Buff - 2021-06-08, 18:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12