Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2021-08-27, 09:03)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-08-26, 21:13)domb84 Wrote: Think I found my own answer here. It doesn’t support remotes via kodi, only if you mount the shares via fstab or autofs etc.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2690419

Sorry for the late response. AEL supports artwork on remotes for some operating filesystems, only for UNC paths. If you like the technicalities, AEL uses the Python API for dealing with filesystems and in some operating systems Python is able to use the UNC paths. Kodi also understands UNC paths so it's OK to have artwork in remote windows shares.

ROMs, on the other hand, must be on a local filesystem. Note that you can mount a remote filesystem to look like it's local, for example on Windows you can "map a remote share" and in Linux you can use tools such as fuse sshfs. In this way, you can still use AEL having your ROMs on a remote filesystem, for example in a NAS.
ROMs/artwork/bios all appear to work fine from a NAS, they just have to be mounted using a systemd script in libreelec as they don't let you install packages like autofs. Using fuse and ssh to mount a NAS seems a bit over complicated just to mount a a remote file system!

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/how-to/mount_network_share

It might be worth noting somewhere in the wiki that AEL doesn't support remotes/smb through the standard Kodi mounts as it was hard to find any information on in it in this forum and being able to run ROMs from something other than an SD-card must be the norm surely?

On another note, I have all my ROMs in AEL. However, no controllers work in PCSXRearmed. I can go through through and map all the buttons via the context menu, but nothing works. Is this a common issue?

I have

Messages In This Thread
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by domb84 - 2021-08-28, 09:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12