Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2021-12-20, 12:46)Smokeycoles Wrote: Hello

I have downloaded and installed on Ubuntu Kodi 19
I want it to launch external applications (I read elsewhere it can do this, taken over from the shelfed autolauncher) - Steam and Spotify are the external apps I want to launch.

I cannot work out how to do this and the wiki, I think the section on the Wiki is - Getting Started Standalone Launchers (but its to be written).
Do you have a guide on how to do this, or provide instructions?

Also I want to make a start on launching some of my roms, but I've no idea how to get the roms into the program; again that says to be written - is there any guide anywhere you have (video or forum posts)?

Thanks
Chris

I am sorry the documentation is not great. You can search tutorials for Advanced Launcher which is the old version of the addon. Many of them are very dated but 90% of the information in the old tutorials is still valid as AEL is an evolution of Advanced Launcher.

In any case, it is not difficult at all to use AEL. First thing you must do is to get familiar with Kodi context menus. Then, if you need to launch an application and just launch the application then create a standalone launcher. If you want to setup an emulator then you need to setup two directories: one for your ROMs and other for your Artwork.

If you have more specific questions of course I can help you in this thread.

I promise I will try to improve the documentation ASAP... however it's going to take time. Sorry Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2021-12-20, 13:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12