Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2021-12-26, 14:17)Smokeycoles Wrote: Hi

Many thanks for the above; as suggested I took your advice and downloaded the pack and got my head around the xml’s. I just have to find a way to make it look nicer now; which I think I need a skin mod for artic zyphur.

I am however experiencing a problem.

I am using AE Sink Alsa for Kodi.
In AEL settings I have suspend/resume audio.

When I start steam in bigpicturemode; there is no audio.

I’m sorry I know your busy; but I’ve tried asking for help elsewhere with little success. I’m at the point where Linux is really annoying me and I’m thinking to migrate back to windows as it’s just so problematic.

Have you any ideas? I’ve tried with the audio suspend-resume on and off.

When I go into steam audio settings - it says audio settings unavailable. When I launch with Kodi off - I see TU116 high definition audio controller 7.1 surround and it works.

Many thanks
Chris

If you are getting audio using the HDMI cable, TTBOMK Alsa by default does not enable mixing. Basically, this means that only one application can use the Alsa audio system at any given time. The reason for this is unknown to me, but there must be one. In Linux there is always rationale for everything (although errors were made sometimes as well...).

OK, there are various solutions you can use:

1) Create a dmix device in ALSA. You have some information in the Gentoo Wiki. The Archlinux wik Alsa web page is another good source.

2) Install PulseAudio. PulseAudio by default enables concurrency in all sound sinks and also have graphical configuration tools. Pulseaudio is somewhat easy to use than alsa.

3) Buy a cheap USB sound card. This is what I did in my setup. I bought a 20 dollar USB sound card so Kodi outputs movie/music sounds to my Denon amplifier/skeapers. The sound quality of the cheap USB sound card is excellent and Linux supports 99% of them out of the box. Retroarch/MAME sound outputs via HDMI to the TV, this creates a more realistic TV sound for the games.

Do not desperate. Linux can be frustrating at times, and so does Windows (I have no experience with MAC so I cannot talk first hand). But I guarantee you that overall you get a much better experience with Linux for HTPC and emulation setups.

Messages In This Thread
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2021-12-27, 10:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12