Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hi All and Happy New Year,

I am running kodi 19.4 on a raspberry pi 4 (OS is raspberry pi OS 64 bit, kodi has been installed from apt)

my plan is to use AEL (or AKL) to launch Steamlink from Kodi and make it so that it will return to Kodi once done with Steamlink
before going for the launcher i thought it would have been safer to try launching Steamlink through a customised remote.xml (action triggered when green button is pressed), just to see if everything works:
xml:
<green>System.Exec("/home/pi/downloads/.launchers/test.sh")</green>

the test.sh wrapper script is extremely basic and "heavily inspired" ;-) by this one : post 1090

I succeed in stopping kodi but unfortunately when i try to launch Steamlink nothing really happens (kodi freezes, i can ssh into the machine but not much more)

the test.sh:
bash:
#!/bin/bash

# --- Stop KODI ---
#echo "Stopping Kodi service ..."
#systemctl stop kodi
killall kodi
echo "Message" >/dev/tty1 2>&1

# --- Run retroarch ---
#echo "Sleeping 1 minute ..."
#sleep  1m
##$RETROARCH_EXECUTABLE -L $LIBRETRO_CORES_DIR/$1_libretro.so -f -v "$2"

# -- Run steamlink
steamlink >/dev/tty1

Note. I tried also System.ExecWait to launch the script but didn't change the result

The "echo "Message" >/dev/tty1 2>&1" is a test to see if I could get something to show up on the tty..

PS. I setup the raspberry to boot and autologin to tty (through raspi-config, which if i understand right is using an agetty service to achieve this)
I launch Kodi or Steamlink with cron
crontab -e :
bash:
# m h  dom mon dow   command
@reboot kodi --standalone
#@reboot steamlink
I can experiment with a systemd timer if you think this might help...
I don't think I am too far, but I am not sure I can get my head around this without your help in pointing me in the right direction
If you have any suggestion or recommendation please let me know, much much appreciated

thanks a lot

M

Messages In This Thread
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by mcarni - 2023-01-02, 10:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12