v13 DVBLink PVRCLIENT Connection lost
I have an MXQ box with Kodi installed, when I try to stream on SportsDevil I get in the bottom right corner a "DVBLink PVRCLIENT Connection lost" message followed by a "Could not connect to DVBLink server "1" ".

Everything was working fine until we had a sudden power outage, since then I am unable to get any reception in Kodi.

Can you help or advise what to do to correct this problem.
I think you'll find that you have a band addon installed? Take a look here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Once you have a clean Kodi I'm sure you'll get some support.... You may also need to provide a http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
(2016-08-30, 23:08)AshG Wrote: I think you'll find that you have a band addon installed? Take a look here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Once you have a clean Kodi I'm sure you'll get some support.... You may also need to provide a http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

Thanks for the response.
You'll have to excuse me but I'm 72 and not very computer savvy, I've looked at those files you sent and they went straight over my head.

How do I load the log_file from my computer working on Lan to my MXQ box which is working on WIFI.

I still do not understand what happened the MXQ was working perfectly until the power cut, now nothing works only the box.
ok,

When you bought your MXQ box was it advertised as "running fully loaded Kodi - giving you free live sports, movies, free content blar blar blar?" or words to that effect?

Basically Kodi doesn't provide content. Kodi is a free open source media player that plays local music, movies and live TV (using a back end TV server), If you're watching something you usually need to pay for or need to subscribe to then i would suggest you are watching it illegally.

Kodi is very configurable and allows the user to add further programs/scripts called add ons... because Kodi is open source, pretty much anything can be added, for example you can get an add on to watch YouTube, however as always in life there are some people who will develop these add ons that allows users to watch "pirated content" You mention the add on SportsDevil - i'm pretty sure this serves up illegal sports content and it's on the baned list for that reason.

i would suggest uninstalling these add ons first. Happy to assist you if you are not sure how to remove them and then i can help you get hold of that log file, although i suspect the main reason you use kodi is to watch those illegal pirated content? and if thats the case you wont be able to get any support around here.

Some more reading can be found here as to why the Kodi team are so against these add ons: https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-a...ling-kodi/
(2016-09-02, 19:21)AshG Wrote: ok,

When you bought your MXQ box was it advertised as "running fully loaded Kodi - giving you free live sports, movies, free content blar blar blar?" or words to that effect?

Basically Kodi doesn't provide content. Kodi is a free open source media player that plays local music, movies and live TV (using a back end TV server), If you're watching something you usually need to pay for or need to subscribe to then i would suggest you are watching it illegally.

Kodi is very configurable and allows the user to add further programs/scripts called add ons... because Kodi is open source, pretty much anything can be added, for example you can get an add on to watch YouTube, however as always in life there are some people who will develop these add ons that allows users to watch "pirated content" You mention the add on SportsDevil - i'm pretty sure this serves up illegal sports content and it's on the baned list for that reason.

i would suggest uninstalling these add ons first. Happy to assist you if you are not sure how to remove them and then i can help you get hold of that log file, although i suspect the main reason you use kodi is to watch those illegal pirated content? and if thats the case you wont be able to get any support around here.

Some more reading can be found here as to why the Kodi team are so against these add ons: https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-a...ling-kodi/

Good day AshG,

Thanks for your response
Yes it came fully loaded although I did ask them to upload "SportsDevil" for me, as I said before at 72 I'm not computer savvy, I can work on them, but I need to follow the instructions very carefully.

I am more than happy to uninstall SportsDevil and Icefilms which are the only two the supplier up loaded, although I've never used the later, but had many problems with SportsDevil.

Can you recommend another Addon for the sports. I live in Holland and up to last year we used to get all the English Premier League games via Digitaal but since BT and ZIGGO have come on the scene that is less than half, and then mainly only the top 5 clubs, none of whom I support, last season only 5 games of the club I support were on the TV over here, that's why I brought the MXQ box so I could watch all the games.

I digress, anyway I followed the log-file you sent, and I no longer have the "DVBLink PVRCLIENT Connection lost" message followed by a "Could not connect to DVBLink server "1" " box at the right bottom of the screen, I also noted that both those files were now disabled, and when I enable them those two files re-appear, even with them disabled I am unable to use KODI for anything, which is frustrating as I only use KODI, I would be very grateful for any help you can give.

If it is easier for you to help me via e-mail I will happily supply it for you, as a new member I don't know if that ethical or not.

Thanks in advance.

Brad.
(2016-09-04, 10:04)dutchie1944 Wrote:
(2016-09-02, 19:21)AshG Wrote: ok,

Good day AshG,

Thanks for your response
Yes it came fully loaded although I did ask them to upload "SportsDevil" for me, as I said before at 72 I'm not computer savvy, I can work on them, but I need to follow the instructions very carefully.

I am more than happy to uninstall SportsDevil and Icefilms which are the only two the supplier up loaded, although I've never used the later, but had many problems with SportsDevil.

Can you recommend another Addon for the sports. I live in Holland and up to last year we used to get all the English Premier League games via Digitaal but since BT and ZIGGO have come on the scene that is less than half, and then mainly only the top 5 clubs, none of whom I support, last season only 5 games of the club I support were on the TV over here, that's why I brought the MXQ box so I could watch all the games.

I digress, anyway I followed the log-file you sent, and I no longer have the "DVBLink PVRCLIENT Connection lost" message followed by a "Could not connect to DVBLink server "1" " box at the right bottom of the screen, I also noted that both those files were now disabled, and when I enable them those two files re-appear, even with them disabled I am unable to use KODI for anything, which is frustrating as I only use KODI, I would be very grateful for any help you can give.

If it is easier for you to help me via e-mail I will happily supply it for you, as a new member I don't know if that ethical or not.

Thanks in advance.

Brad.

I have deleted SportsDevil and Icefilms but Kodi still does not work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBLink PVRCLIENT Connection lost0