• 5(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)
I'll have to install Yahoo Weather and fix it. I confess I forgot about that addon, as I figured most were using openweathermap or weatherunderground.
(2016-09-13, 16:49)jingai Wrote: I'll have to install Yahoo Weather and fix it. I confess I forgot about that addon, as I figured most were using openweathermap or weatherunderground.

Cool yeah I have been using yahoo weather since I started using kodi.

Thanks
(2016-09-13, 15:05)gate1975mlm Wrote: As far as I can see everything seems really good with RC2 in fact the only issue that I just noticed is with the Weather Add on display.

I am using Yahoo Weather.

Here are the issues

1. With extended forecast enabled 7 days are displayed where as with Kodi 17 default skin 10 days are displayed.

This is a deliberate choice in Metropolis.

(2016-09-13, 15:05)gate1975mlm Wrote: 2. With the 7 day forecast display there is wasted text with no weather description on each day.

Examples Humidity, Precip, Clouds and Wind

Maybe this text should be removed since there is no weather description for them?

3. When 12 Hour Forecast is selected all you see is "NA"

4. When 36 Hour Forecast is selected all you see is "NA"

5.When Weekend Forecast is selected all you see is "NA"

I'm not seeing this here.. here are screenshots from my install using Yahoo Weather:

(2016-09-13, 15:05)gate1975mlm Wrote: 6. Nothing happens when clicking on Weather Maps.

The Yahoo Weather addon doesn't appear to provide maps. I'll hide the button if the addon doesn't.

(2016-09-13, 15:05)gate1975mlm Wrote: 7. Nothing happens when clicking on Weather Settings.

Example When clicking on Weather Settings in Kodi 17 default skin it takes you to "Settings,Services, Weather"

Fixed.
(2016-09-14, 15:50)jingai Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 15:05)gate1975mlm Wrote: As far as I can see everything seems really good with RC2 in fact the only issue that I just noticed is with the Weather Add on display.

I am using Yahoo Weather.

Here are the issues

1. With extended forecast enabled 7 days are displayed where as with Kodi 17 default skin 10 days are displayed.

This is a deliberate choice in Metropolis.

(2016-09-13, 15:05)gate1975mlm Wrote: 2. With the 7 day forecast display there is wasted text with no weather description on each day.

Examples Humidity, Precip, Clouds and Wind

Maybe this text should be removed since there is no weather description for them?

3. When 12 Hour Forecast is selected all you see is "NA"

4. When 36 Hour Forecast is selected all you see is "NA"

5.When Weekend Forecast is selected all you see is "NA"

I'm not seeing this here.. here are screenshots from my install using Yahoo Weather:

(2016-09-13, 15:05)gate1975mlm Wrote: 6. Nothing happens when clicking on Weather Maps.

The Yahoo Weather addon doesn't appear to provide maps. I'll hide the button if the addon doesn't.

(2016-09-13, 15:05)gate1975mlm Wrote: 7. Nothing happens when clicking on Weather Settings.

Example When clicking on Weather Settings in Kodi 17 default skin it takes you to "Settings,Services, Weather"

Fixed.

Yours looks great Smile

Hmmm I wonder what could be wrong as it's doing it on all 3 of my computers I am running Kodi 17 on.

Also besides the NA issue I guess you can not show the 10 day forecast like the default skin?

I'll try and uninstall Yahoo Weather and then reinstall it maybe that will fix it.
No, I'm leaving it at 7-day forecast so as to not squish all of the info any more than it already is.
I can try to help you figure out what's wrong with Yahoo Weather on your system if you send a debug log. Also, you can probably ask the addon author to look at it.

Either way, please let me know when you've gotten it sorted and I'll close the issue on github.
(2016-09-14, 17:55)jingai Wrote: I can try to help you figure out what's wrong with Yahoo Weather on your system if you send a debug log. Also, you can probably ask the addon author to look at it.

Either way, please let me know when you've gotten it sorted and I'll close the issue on github.

Here is the debug Log

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23178697/
Hmm, I don't know. It looks like the addon ran fine and got the info. And it presents fine here too.. you have a lot of 3rd party repos and such though.. maybe another addon is clobbering it? I really don't know.
(2016-09-14, 18:54)jingai Wrote: Hmm, I don't know. It looks like the addon ran fine and got the info. And it presents fine here too.. you have a lot of 3rd party repos and such though.. maybe another addon is clobbering it? I really don't know.

I guess I will need to uninstall each add on one by one and maybe that will fix it Sad

Anyway thanks again for making one awesome skin Smile
Or, more easily, just move your existing installation out of the way and see if a fresh install of Kodi + Yahoo Weather works for you.
You will need to be on another skin prior to doing the below.

You could try deleting your old Metropolis settings.xml inside kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.metropolis\.

Sometimes there are old settings that have changed types (from bool to string or whatever) and the newer method of setting the string can't remove the stuck old one.

Start with the skin settings, then maybe try deleting anything with "metropolis" in the name inside "kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\"

Know that this will remove all settings from your home furniture and all of your Metropolis skin settings.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I actually checked to see if it was an issue with the UseExtendedWeather setting, but it doesn't seem to be. I don't think resetting the skin settings will fix his problem.

Perhaps resetting the Yahoo Weather settings though?
So I decided to completely uninstall Kodi 17 and and then reinstall and I think in doing that I found a new bug?

After doing a clean install of Kodi 17 Beta 1 and then installing Metropolis RC 2 after I switched from the default skin to Metropolis and go to the home screen I get a pop up message that says the following.

"Add-On Required"

To use this feature you must download an add-on
Skin Helper Service
Would you like to download this add-on?

And the bug is where "Yes or No" should be displayed instead is blank so you have to guess which one is YES and which one is NO.

Also unfortunately I am still getting NA with Yahoo weather on everything except 7 day forecast and this is with no extra add-ons installed too.

I really do not know what else to try.
7-day forecast is all you're going to get with the Yahoo Weather addon. Consider another addon if you want more.

I've changed it to hide the other options if they're not present.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure the labels for the Yes and No buttons should be provided by Kodi. It might be a bug in core.

However, just looking at the Yahoo Weather addon, it seems you might consider a different addon if you want hourly forecasts.

I'm guessing it worked for me previously because it was cached from another weather addon. But it does seem Yahoo Weather doesn't support a lot of the extended info, so I'll just disable those buttons.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)0