• 6(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)
(2016-09-15, 08:25)jingai Wrote: Hmm, I'm pretty sure the labels for the Yes and No buttons should be provided by Kodi. It might be a bug in core.

However, just looking at the Yahoo Weather addon, it seems you might consider a different addon if you want hourly forecasts.

I'm guessing it worked for me previously because it was cached from another weather addon. But it does seem Yahoo Weather doesn't support a lot of the extended info, so I'll just disable those buttons.

It does make sense now why I was seeing all the NA. I just checked the Kodi 17 default skin and even there all you get is the 10 day forecast and that's it. You don't see NA in terte skin because those other weather displays are hidden I guess like you are going to do. I am just glad its not a problem my end somewhere.

I really should give Weather underground another try I actually tried it before but could never get the weather info to work.
As far as the Yes and No buttons missing should I report that to Kodi developers?
Let me make sure it's not my fault first Tongue
(2016-09-15, 22:32)jingai Wrote: Let me make sure it's not my fault first Tongue

Sounds good Big Grin

Hey just tried Weather underground and that is working good so far no NA's anywhere all weather info is displaying as it should.

The only thing I don't really understand with Weather underground is how it new where I live. I added my Free API code and it automatically new my city. I would now just like to know what weather station the info is coming from and how to change it if I wanted something closer to my area.
I haven't actually gotten an API key, so I'm not sure, but as a guess your location is probably tied to what it detected (on their website) when you got the key.

To change your location, go to Settings in the side menu in the Weather section.
(2016-09-15, 06:31)jingai Wrote: 7-day forecast is all you're going to get with the Yahoo Weather addon. Consider another addon if you want more.

I've changed it to hide the other options if they're not present.

confirmed by ronie

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2416271
Metropolis 3.4.0rc3 released, see first post. Note that this will still identify as 3.3.9, but it is in fact 3.4.0rc3.
(2016-09-17, 14:08)jingai Wrote: Metropolis 3.4.0rc3 released, see first post. Note that this will still identify as 3.3.9, but it is in fact 3.4.0rc3.

Thanks for RC3 Smile

Not sure if this is normal or what but I have been noticing everytime I try and install a new Metropolis update I get a "failed to install" kind of message.

And so you need to shut down and restart Kodi and after that the new Metropolis update installed just fine.

Perhaps this is something new with Kodi 17 because I could be wrong but I do not remember having to always restart Kodi before installing a Metropolis update.

Thanks again Metropolis is looking great!!! Smile
Try with the latest nightly build of Kodi, and if it persists, please send me a debug log (and a screenshot of the message if you can catch it). Just reinstall the same version to test it.
So I did a completely clean install of Kodi 17 latest nightly build.

The first thing I did was install Metropolis RC3. and after installing was completed which seems to take a little longer then I remember in the past maybe because of Kodi 17 anyway so "Keep Skin Would you like to keep this change?" pops up I click yes. So it switches to Metropolis and right away I get the pop up message saying "Add-On Required" To use this feature you must download an add-on Skin Helper Service Would you like to download this add-on?" And of course the No and Yes are missing and on top of that that it doses not even give me time to click anything as the whole message disappears very quickly on it's own and then switches me back to the default skin. So now I go to settings and select Metropolis and this time it switches and when I go to the home screen I see the "Add-On Required" To use this feature you must download an add-on Skin Helper Service Would you like to download this add-on?" again and this time the No and Yes buttons are displayed just fine. So I click yes and looks like its downloading something and then a second time I get the same pop up message Add-On Required but this time again No and Yes are missing. So I click where yes would normally be displayed it download stuff and then all done and good to go.

I was also able to reproduce the Failed to install message issue that you get unless you restart Kodi for when installing a new Metropolis update. To be clear I was on defult skin when trying to install the Metropolis update.

Here is the Debug Log

Look for the Failed to install message near the end of the debug log.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23192970/

Hopefully I explained everything ok for you Smile
Also about the weather add-on issues.

Like you had mentioned it worked for you previously because it was cached from another weather add-on but as we now know Yahoo Weather doesn't support a lot of the extended info.

So because of this if a user for whatever reason wants both Yahoo Weather and another weather add-on that does have extended info installed at the same time there seems to be know way to hide those extra weather info options from the menu when Yahoo Weather is being used so you will see old data in those extended info area because that info was actually from theother weather add-on as you know.

I am going to take a guess here and say this is something you most likely can not fix right?

Thanks and enjoy the weekend!! Smile
(2016-09-17, 19:26)gate1975mlm Wrote: Like you had mentioned it worked for you previously because it was cached from another weather add-on but as we now know Yahoo Weather doesn't support a lot of the extended info.

So because of this if a user for whatever reason wants both Yahoo Weather and another weather add-on that does have extended info installed at the same time there seems to be know way to hide those extra weather info options from the menu when Yahoo Weather is being used so you will see old data in those extended info area because that info was actually from theother weather add-on as you know.

It's only cached for that session. If you quit Kodi and start it again, you won't see them anymore. So, it's not really a skin issue, IMHO.

I'll look at your other issues as soon as I can. Thanks for the report!
Jingai,

I just wanted to make sure is there anyway you can hide "Humidity, Precip, Clouds and Wind" from the 7 Day Forecast when using Yahoo Weather as that info is empty?

Even though I tried Weather Underground I still may use Yahool Weather too.

Thanks
Just tried the krypton version. so far it is working fast and smooth. Looks grate as always. The addition of skinshortcuts/home menu customizing is fantastic. The only thing that remains on my wish list for metropolis is home menu and sub menu fanart based on playlists and sources. I am sure that can be done in a jiffy simply by pressing the magic (add his feature) button that all skinners use all the time. Smile

thanks for all the time and hard work you put into metropolis for us all. It is most hearty enjoyed buy us here.
(2016-09-18, 18:57)mxlance Wrote: The only thing that remains on my wish list for metropolis is home menu and sub menu fanart based on playlists and sources.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by this. Could you clarify a bit more, or perhaps point me to an example?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)0