• 29(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
(2017-01-27, 21:09)fritsch Wrote: Do you miss a certain fix?

Getting a proper supported device Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Wink 
(2017-01-27, 17:55)Etzi Wrote: My Philips TV is updating to 6.x right now, will report back when I have done some testing, especially on Audio and PT field... Tongue
good luck man
(2017-01-27, 21:16)kinggo Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 17:55)Etzi Wrote: My Philips TV is updating to 6.x right now, will report back when I have done some testing, especially on Audio and PT field... Tongue
good luck man

So far, after quick testing, I can only say that, what worked before is still working now...so at least it have not gone any worse... Big Grin

Have not tried DTS passtrough yet (without transcoding)...and if something has changed about AC3 bitrate limitation... Tongue
Regardless of my findings, it would be still good to have reduced bitrate on AC3 Transcoding as there would be a gazillion of MediaTek based TV's which won't get the update...at least not soon...
Oh man. We are desperately waiting for results.

You just need to enable 'DTS capable receiver', disable 'Sync playback to display' and 'Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding'...

Shall I provide 640kbps AC3 and 1510kbps DTS trailers?
(2017-01-28, 10:00)CiNcH Wrote: Oh man. We are desperately waiting for results.

You just need to enable 'DTS capable receiver', disable 'Sync playback to display' and 'Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding'...

Shall I provide 640kbps AC3 and 1510kbps DTS trailers?

I need to be home for that, wouldnt I?
No need to be sarcastic...

Anyway... DTS passtrough fails (player hangs with black screen, audiotrack hangs as well), AC3 bitrate limitation is still present, at least on passtrough.

Debug log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23880765
So MediaTek drivers are still shit. Hopefully this will change as soon as Krypton goes online on the Play Store.
(2017-01-28, 16:30)CiNcH Wrote: So MediaTek drivers are still shit. Hopefully this will change as soon as Krypton goes online on the Play Store.

I did not have any high hopes anyways, I must say... Big Grin
At least transcoding still works, so...at least something works and there is a way to get 5.1 output.
Can you confirm display mode switching working?
(2017-01-28, 16:38)CiNcH Wrote: Can you confirm display mode switching working?

Yes, it does work at least it says so:

This is no indication. It tells you the fps of the content, not the refresh rate of the display.
(2017-01-28, 16:50)CiNcH Wrote: This is no indication. It tells you the fps of the content, not the refresh rate of the display.

Yeah I forgot that...
If Debug log overlay data is correct, it does not work, it shows stable 60FPS.
And considering how fucked up is Philips firmware on those TV's...I would be really surprised if they would implement this or if they had implemented, it would actually work.

I cannot check with Shift+Ctrl+O, I don't have any keyboard to connect to it.
I think that manufacturers are actually afraid to publically provide these APIs. What if an app switches to 24Hz but "forgets" to switch back? PAL and NTSC would both be unwatchable and UI would be laggy. Motion interpolation seems to be their primary choice, also see here.
Actually only reason why I posted here about that FW upgrade was, to get @fritsch detailed analysis on Debug log, what Philips has exactly fucked up this time... Big Grin
I did not hope that DTS PT would actually work...at least via Kodi, I only hoped that it would not get any worse.

If I need to transcode everything to get multichannel output on this TV, fine...I can live with that (still a bit dissapointed), but atleast it has the processing power to do it.
I did not buy it specially for Kodi...it would be just an bonus if it works on it and it actually does. (I just wanted 4K SmartTV to ditch Chromecast and replace my 10 year old Samsung FHD, Android is still way smarter than WebOS and Tizen combined)
(2017-01-27, 17:55)Etzi Wrote: My Philips (Android OS) TV is updating to 6.x right now, will report back when I have done some testing, especially on Audio and PT field... Tongue

...Anyway... DTS passthrough fails (player hangs with black screen, audiotrack hangs as well), AC3 bitrate limitation is still present, at least on passthrough...

...At least transcoding still works, so...at least something works and there is a way to get 5.1 output.....
Hey at least your not alone..you can join the Sony and cheap AMLogic Android - shitty Firmware club and sit around for a group therapy session Wink

Just got to work out who really has the crappiest Firmware so a Shitty award can be given ! Tongue Tongue

Look on the bright side, at least your very likely getting 5.1 Audio out of the Netflix / Amazon / VUDU Apps which other platforms are struggling with, when using various soundbars and TV's !

(2017-01-28, 17:41)wrxtasy Wrote: Look on the bright side, at least your very likely getting 5.1 Audio out of the Netflix / Amazon / VUDU Apps which other platforms are struggling with, when using various soundbars and TV's !

Don't forget Kodi, works since RC3...via Transcoding Wink

(2017-01-28, 17:41)wrxtasy Wrote: Look on the bright side, at least your very likely getting 5.1 Audio out of the Netflix / Amazon / VUDU Apps which other platforms are struggling with, when using various soundbars and TV's !

This is something, on which I agree with you... Smile
And as I primarily bought it for Netflix and youtube casting...it actually fullfills its main purpose.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178