NEXTpvr in Kodi Krypton
Im currently running Kodi Krypton on FireTV. When I go into PVR setup the NEXTPVR is not an option. Has anyone figured this out? Would hate to have to downgrade Kodi. Krypton is an major improvement.
Just for more detail. I had Beta 1, upgraded to Beta 2 this AM. Still nothing in the PVR other that crap IP solutions. I have HDhomerun so either NEXTPVR or HDHOMERUNPVR would be acceptable. Prefer NEXTPVR, just dont have an option.
(2016-09-18, 21:41)Bryangauvin Wrote: IHas anyone figured this out?
I have had NextPVR installed and running on one of my computers, using Krypton Beta 1. I'm not sure what I did, as I remember it, it was very straightforward, I enabled an addon in Kodi after installing the NextPVR program. Just looking at it now, if you go to Settings/System, then Add-ons, then "Running" (mine's empty) then go up from there (press the 2 dot symbol), then My Addons, there's a list of addons to enable. I don't recall having to install it myself, I think I just enabled it from that list. (Yes, the location of those addons seems a bit "weird", I'm not sure where they are, but that's where I found them)
(2016-09-18, 21:41)Bryangauvin Wrote: Im currently running Kodi Krypton on FireTV. When I go into PVR setup the NEXTPVR is not an option. Has anyone figured this out? Would hate to have to downgrade Kodi. Krypton is an major improvement.

I think I saw something in the blog post about beta 2 that no PVR clients were bundled with Kodi 17 beta 2 on Android. This appears to have been an oversight that they hope to correct (with beta 3 maybe?). Since you're on a FireTV, I suspect that's the issue. I'm running Kodi 17 on my Mac right now and had no problems using NextPVR as my TV backend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEXTpvr in Kodi Krypton0