Win Can 24fps be played back smoothly @ 60Hz Refresh Rate?
(2016-10-04, 01:34)brazen1 Wrote: I see we crossed posted....

Quote:With nVidia, you can either have Stereoscopic 3D enabled and your 1080p, 1920 X 1080 2D resolutions limited to 60Hz without the 24Hz option; or you can have Stereoscopic 3D disabled, and get the 24Hz option.

I too have read across the globe of this problem. I must be the luckiest person in the world to not experience it........... anymore.
Why do you think I crudely devised a workaround?
I can assure you, I have 3D enabled and never turn it off.
Windows and Kodi GUI are running at 60Hz.
When I start a 2D title, mkv or iso, it does not kick in any 3D mode at all.
The title starts playing, I press INFO for my display.
It says 3840 x 2160p @ 24Hz.
I stop the title and press INFO on the display.
It says 3840 x 2160p @ 60Hz.
This is in KODI or PDVD launched from Kodi.

I start a 3D title.
PDVD mounts all iso's.
Kodi internal player launches SBS's or TAB's.
3D mode switches to SBS, TAB, or MVC depending what the title was ripped to and launches the appropriate player.
I press INFO on my display.
It says 1920 x 1080 @ 24Hz.
I stop the title, KODI returns to 60Hz.
I quit KODI, Windows desktop is at 60Hz.

I don't know what else to tell you other than it does indeed work, perfectly.
I'm not an Nvidia rep or anything of the kind.
I'm just a user with a hobby.

brazen1: I don't know if you already saw my post above, [Link]; I completely agree - I believe you do understand the issue and have created workarounds. I've rescinded my previous comments in regards to your original post. I'm very, very interested in using your solutions to see if I can implement the same on my machine. Please bear with me as I'm extremely tied up today & tomorrow, but I will be reaching out to you for support on this issue. Thanks again for chipping in and for the wealth of knowledge you share. I appreciate it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can 24fps be played back smoothly @ 60Hz Refresh Rate? - by luci5r - 2016-10-04, 01:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can 24fps be played back smoothly @ 60Hz Refresh Rate?0