[SOLVED] [Krypton] Passthrough not working
Thanks for that very informative post, we've had similar issues reported before and I never thought to ask whether the flac container might have replaygain values applied.
(2016-10-04, 09:36)CraigNZ Wrote: I recently upgraded from Kodi 16.1 to 17 Beta 2 and noticed the passthrough audio setting was not working.

CPU: Intel i7 4790 3.6 GHz
GPU: Intel HDGraphics 4600
Audio Device: WASAPI HDMI-PR-SC5509
Passthrough device: same

HDMI connected to Onkyo PR-SC5509 AVR receiver

Source: bluray disc DTS-HD 7.1

On the controller it shows: Multich PCM 7.1 (so the input is PCM and not DTS)
On the PC while the movie is playing (O key): DCA 32 bit 48000 bits (appears to be decoding the DTS audio track)

I had upgraded from JRiver to Kodi a year or so ago and so I tried it, the passthrough worked perfectly.

I then uninstalled Kodi 17 and reinstalled Kodi 16.1 and enabled passthrough.

For the same source I now get:

Onkyo: DTS HD Master 48kHz 7.1 (which means it is now getting a DTS bitstream from the PC)

So both JRiver and Kodi 16.1 passthrough work perfectly, so the problem is not windows or the drivers, but is definitely something in Krypton. I am using the same system, video and audio settings in both versions so I don't think it is that. I have reverted back to Kodi 16.1 and hoping that someday Krypton passthrough will work on this system. I am willing to assist in locating the problem if needed but for now thought I would simply report it to the development team. Didn't have any problems with Krypton, looking forward to returning to it.
 I have been having issues with the krypton version for over a year. I absolutely hate that version. I got so sick if play back issues, sound cracking, and crashing because of the pass through. I have tried for months and months to fix this and and there was no end in site. So I finally did what you suggested and downgraded to 16.1 and now I have ABSOLUTELY NO playback issues and my pass though works fantastically so screw Krypton. I wish I would have just gone back to Jarvis when I first started having issues. I just hope that Leah doesn't have the same problems when it's released. I like to stay updated with Kodi cause I know it's important but all the problems with Krypton was leaving me pulling my freaking hair out. So thanks for your downgrade suggestion I'm one freaking happy camper now.
Running Kodi on widows 7 Ultimate 
AV Receiver System Onkyo 5.1 HT-R290

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] [Krypton] Passthrough not working3