v17 [Kodi 17 Krypton] Files view types
I've been using Kodi 17 beta 3 and I mainly use the "Files" section to play movies. I noticed the view types is stuck to the option WideList and is grayed out. In Kodi 16.x it was possible to change to different view types. I usually had this set to a view so it showed thumbs of my movie folder.

Will the different view types that were available in Kodi 16.x return in the final version of Kodi 17?
This is a Estuary Alpha skin limitation, (if you call it that, your thoughts are welcome in the Estuary thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262144 ) other skins are available for Krypton including the original Confluence whihc offer alternate views.
I will share my thoughts in the Estuary thread. thanks!
(2016-10-17, 18:08)PatK Wrote: This is a Estuary Alpha skin limitation, (if you call it that, your thoughts are welcome in the Estuary thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262144 ) other skins are available for Krypton including the original Confluence whihc offer alternate views.

Over the years I've built my video library, where I don't use any scrapper, but organize videos in folders and have .tbn/.jpg as the "cover" art for the video. I like to browse in so called Thumbnail/IconWall view so that instead of the file/folder name I can see the picture.

I've upgraded to Kodi 17 on Ubuntu. With Estuary skin if I go to Videos->Files->My_Added_Source I don't see "Viewtype" option at all. It lists files/folders, and when I move selection to file/folder it's cover is seen on the left. Is there a way to support IconWall view with Estuary? I installed Confluence and it has Thumbnail view, which serves the purpose. However, I would like to use Estuary if IconWall can be enabled. I'm ok to tweak .xml of skin if someone can share some ideas and files/place which I should modify.
(2019-05-20, 18:52)xbmc-user Wrote: s there a way to support IconWall view with Estuary?

If it's not supported in Kodi 17, I would highly recommend to use Kodi 18. Kodi 17 and the Estuary version Kodi 17 uses won't receive any updates, fixes or improvements. In short...Kodi 17 is outdated.
(2019-05-22, 07:15)DaVu Wrote:
(2019-05-20, 18:52)xbmc-user Wrote: s there a way to support IconWall view with Estuary?

If it's not supported in Kodi 17, I would highly recommend to use Kodi 18. Kodi 17 and the Estuary version Kodi 17 uses won't receive any updates, fixes or improvements. In short...Kodi 17 is outdated. 
Thanks for the reply. I upgraded to 18.2 and it has the same problem. Once you enter Files->Added_Folder, "Viewtype" under "View options" in option sidebar is completely missing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17 Krypton] Files view types0