Win Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)
(2021-04-28, 20:18)MikeKL Wrote: @HomerJau Count me in for beta testing of MMH and providing feedback, I am new to music video scene (compared to audio) and have minimal pre-conceived ideas on what’s best approach because of where Kodi was in previous releases and where it may/will be in future.

What is general view today on storing/duplicating .nfo information as tags within .mkv for Kodi and/or using tags to create .nfo
Which will MMH view as master, it feels right that tags added to individual .mkv should be ideally master with .nfo including even concert .nfo being slaves.
(Is this a naive perception?)

I am already using in parallel mp3tag with its link to MusicBrainz to check limited number of .mkv tags being included by MMH.

---edit---additional thought for improvement---

Could it be possible to find/load concert information from MusicBrainz into the MMH "rename media/tag files" grid, by directly entering URL https://musicbrainz.org/release/795b9bc6...41402b9fe2
Wanted to use this to aid the add/build of information per track for Live 8 concert and then save tag information into .mkv's
Currently unable to load it via search by artist, album information even when correctly completing fields exactly as in MusicBrainz. (Using MMH release 4.1.12)
Kodi doesn’t read all the tags in MKV files so tagging them isn’t going to work. There’s limited standard tag names defined for Matroska files for music. MMH uses same tags as MM3Tad, but that’s not a ‘standard’. Kodi (eventually) may require different tags.

Currently NFO files are the only easy method to get MKV files into the music video library. In MMH concert.nfo is the ‘master’, individual song NFOs are updated from the master concert.nfo. Tags are ignored by both MMH and Kodi.

I’ll take a look at your MusicBrainz tagging issue, not finding Live 8. MMH should find a release if in MusicBrain db.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio) - by HomerJau - 2021-04-29, 21:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)2